Preview: Iphone pictures of my trip to Central California - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Preview: Iphone pictures of my trip to Central California

Hello everyone,

I just got back home late last night from two day trip to Central California. I had such a great time! I took lots of pictures with my new dslr and a handful off pictures with my iphone. I thought I share a preview of my trip with the iphone pictures I took. Later tonight, I will post my dslr pictures with more detail of trip. Enjoy!

Below is a pictures of Mimi and Milo on a front carrier bag. They stayed in this most of the time bundled with three layers of clothes and a blanket. They were so well behaved in it that I was able to sneak them into Hearst Castle and no one even noticed! Luckily though, this area in general were dog friendly so they didn't have to be sneaked in anywhere else except the lightstation. So many people came up to me asking if they were puppies and how old they were. Many people asked if they can take pictures of them in the front carrier bag. I thought it was funny that many people were crowding around Mimi and Milo and taking pictures of them like it's part of the scenery.

First place we went to was the Piedras Blancas Light Station near the Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery. Here is the pictures of the light house:

Here is a scenery from the light station:

Then we went to the Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal Rookery which was very cool:

Right now it is birthing season. Below is a picture of a baby elephant seal drinking milk from its mother:

I did so many more things and saw but the above pictures are the only pictures I took with my iphone. I will upload my dslr pictures when I get home tonight. I thought I show a preview. Enjoy!
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Glad that you had a great time!!! love the pics of your two ................ though the seals were pretty interesting as well LOL!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Love the elephant seals & the babies! I like the funny sounds the males make too!
Thanks for sharing your adventure! Your babies look adorable in their bag.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

They look so cute! Of course they were part of the scenery.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Great pics! Can't wait to see the rest! I'm so glad you had a good visit. Isn't it funny that the Malts get so much attention? But it's true! I can't tell you how many times people ask if they can take Truff and Frank's pic.

Please donate to GME reseach.
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

It looks like you got pretty close to the seals. Great pictures. Can't wait to see more. Was it really cold?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
Glad that you had a great time!!! love the pics of your two ................ though the seals were pretty interesting as well LOL!!
Thank you. The seals were definitely interesting. They are pretty big. On average they weigh like 5000 lbs and the newborns weigh 60-80lbs and about 3-4feet long. I was hoping to capture a picture of the males fighting but there weren't too many big fights going on. Here is a link of photos on the website of Friends of the Elephant Seal : http://www.elephantseal.org/E-Seals/photos.htm

If you want to see them live on video, here is the link: Elephant Seal LiveCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Love the elephant seals & the babies! I like the funny sounds the males make too!
Thanks for sharing your adventure! Your babies look adorable in their bag.
Yes, it was definitely very interesting watching them. I stayed and watched them for like 2.5 hours but that went by super fast. I wanted to stay longer but I had other things planned out so I had to go. It was definitely worth going. I love the nature...especially the ocean so I just loved being there. It was like watching natural geographic channel live!

For those that are interested in hearing what edelweiss is referring to, click on this link: Bluff Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
They look so cute! Of course they were part of the scenery.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Thanks. I didn't anticipate that Mimi & Milo will be part of the scenery that people will take pictures of. If so, I would have dressed them up more nicely and make sure that their hair wasn't so messy!...keke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy4501 View Post
Great pics! Can't wait to see the rest! I'm so glad you had a good visit. Isn't it funny that the Malts get so much attention? But it's true! I can't tell you how many times people ask if they can take Truff and Frank's pic.
Thanks. How can anyone resist our beautiful furbabies...right? All malteses are and also look like angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
It looks like you got pretty close to the seals. Great pictures. Can't wait to see more. Was it really cold?
Thanks. It's amazing how iphone does a pretty good job at capturing pictures. I actually didn't get that close. My iphone has zooming capabilities so it just looks close up but it's not. The only thing is that the zooming picture doesn't give very crisp pictures. They had the area blocked off and don't allow people to get near the beach to get that close to them.

As for the weather, it was cold but not as cold as I thought. It was in the low 50s during the day and it wasn't too cold as long as you in the sun. When you are in the shade, it was cold.
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Great pics....thanks for sharing!! It really is amazing how they are so little and can be taken anywhere. I do it all the time in places. Mimi and Milo of course were the stars of the show....they are too cute!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Great pics! Homesick now...

Mimi and Milo are so darling!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

MiMi and Milo===Love Them*
Also Your Photos Are Beautiful Glad You Had A Nice Trip--Next Time Take Me And Yogi(HeHe)
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement