Life is cruel - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy
Default Life is cruel

As many of you know me and my fiance got engaged at christmas and are planning our wedding for november. Its been a rollercoaster few weeks of excitement.

My fiances dad has been battling cancer for a year now and took a turn for the worst a few weeks ago and got rushed to hospital on sunday night. He has been having tests and we were told yesterday that the cancer is more agressive and has now spread to his liver and he has fluid on his pancreas. I have been trying to be so strong and positive for my fiance but have just found out the devestating news that he has been given 2 months to live, they have told him he can come home and they will make him comfortable.

My fiance is one of 3 boys and they are obviously absolutly devestated he is only 60 and is not going to get to see his grandchildren grow up, is not going to see us get married or meet our children when we have them, i cannot begin to explain how horrible i feel.

Maizy loves him so much and spends lots of time with him and has been a little therapy dog for him while he has been undergoing his treatment. I feel for all of us its going to be a really really hard few months but i am going to have to be as strong as i can for my fiance.

Lisa and Maizy xxx

Last edited by Maizy Moo's Mum; 01-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Maizy Moo's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I can agree totally that life can be cruel. but at the same times miralces do happen!!!! You just never know what life will throw at you!!!!!!!!!! I am praying for you and your family!!!! Hugs................
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

I am so sorry to hear this sad news but keep the faith. Janine is totally right! Miracles do happen. When my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, they gave her three months to live. She lived for more than a year and in that time, she truly "lived like she was dying" and traveled to many places and did all sorts of amazing things. When it was her time, she was at peace. We are sending prayers your way. Hugs!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Oh I am so very sorry. You guys must be heart broken. If it is really important to you all to have him at your wedding, do you think you could get married sooner or have a private wedding at his home with just the closest family? Then you could have the full wedding ceremony as planned. It's just a thought. I lost my Dad a few years ago (he was in his 50's) so I can relate to the shock and sadness. I was fortunate though that Daddy did see us married. He will not get to see his 3 grandchild born this summer though, so it is bitter sweet. Please send my sympathies to your fiance. Big hugs to you both.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I agree life can be so hard. When my DD's husband died unexpectedly , in his early 30's , it was so devastating. You wonder why this happened? I hope and pray that your fiancÚ 's father proves the Dr.s wrong ,and lives to see your wedding. I too believe in miracles!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I am so sorry to hear about your fiance battling cancer. This must be so difficult. As hard as it is try and stay as positive and strong as possible. Hugs and prayers to you both.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

My Heart goes out to you.
God Bless You All***
Nickee in Pa*

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your fiance battling cancer. This must be so difficult. As hard as it is try and stay as positive and strong as possible. Hugs and prayers to you both.
Thank you for all your kind words means alot even though we knew he wasnt well is still a massive shock and is going to be a tough few months. Zoes mom its my fiances dad who is battling the cancer i just hope he can fight it for a few months more.

He has no energy and cannot get out of bed at the moment i just wish he could have the energy to try and make the most of the last few months.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie & Lisa "Left Eye"

Praying for you and your future father in law...

One of my best friend's fathers just passed away from cancer (esophageal that spread) last week, after a 2 and a half year battle, he had lived across the street from my parents' house, the house I grew up in, as long as I can remember. At his wake, his body was unrecognizable he had just literally withered away...such a horrible, horrible disease.

I am just glad he is at peace and no longer suffering, as my friend told me it was awful to watch him go through. He was also just 63 and won't get to walk my friend down the aisle on her wedding day, won't get to meet his future grandchildren... it is just heartbreaking and no one should have to go through that, so I will certainly pray for you and your fiance and anyone here battling cancer or has a loved one fighting...

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Lisa - I'm so sorry. In moments of such joy to get this kind of news. Cancer is cruel; not life. I hate that disease so much. Lost my FIL from it a few years ago...prostate then pancreas. Is there any other recourse since he's so young? Any known cancer treatments centers (we have Sloane Kettering here in NYC which is a leader in the world) who might have some sort of options for him? Don't lose faith. I was also thinking that it might be nice to have a small private ceremony with your dad and then have the big wedding reception in that beautiful venue you have chosen. At least that way you can also have him in some wedding photos. I know you wouldn't have THE dress but more a symbolic wedding. It's up to you and your fiance but it might mean a lot to him and his dad. Sending you lots of virtual hugs.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement