Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Frugal Tips & Tricks

2K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  gopotsgo 
#1 ·
Ok so all of this playing "housewife" is driving me a bit bonkers. I am bored out of my mind. It doesn't help that my thyroid is way off again (hyperthyroid) and my brain is racing a million miles a minute lol :w00t:! Anyway, I've always been a penny pincher and started wondering which of my SM family consider themselves Frugal? I watch pennies so that we can splurge when we want to on vacations etc. So.....are you frugal at heart or by necessity? If so, what do you do to save pennies or even $$$?

#34 ·
Oh I forgot to add about the cell phone.... we make VERY FEW long distance calls....hardly ever! I didn't even want a cell phone but we decided it was a good thing to have for emergencies.
We go one of the 'pay as you go' from Virgin Mobile. I believe it's $20-every 3 months to top it up...and all minutes carry over.
My hubby and I are the only ones who know the number.

#35 ·
This has been one of the most original threads I have ever seen here. Myself, I have never clipped a coupon and I couldn't tell you the price of gas. But there are few things I like better than a killer deal! If I shop I will also go to the clearance racks first too. I'm also not a shoe or purse girl. The hubs also has more of these items than me and he loves to shop ( I'm starting to wonder if I'm a lesbian, LOL ). He hasn't a lick of sense when it comes to money. I'm met few men who have. Oh, what I give up for cute, LOL. But like most, I do have my weaknesses. I love coats. That's right, I'm a southern Cali girl with a closet full of coats including two gorgeous full length cashmere ones. And I love silk rugs. And recently i have become obsessed with real linen bed sheets. They are SO much better than any cotton ones. I despise paying finance charges. With the exception of my primary residence I haven't financed anything in years including my car and my recent side business of home renovating/flipping. I always get 3-5 quotes on any work I need done and it continuously amazes me what a wide range of quotes I get. Make that dollar count!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.