Frugal Tips & Tricks - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Not so hard for me on this one Deb---I hate ironing. . . & would never, ever, ever, iron my sheets!
Nope, not even tempted!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Not so hard for me on this one Deb---I hate ironing. . . & would never, ever, ever, iron my sheets!
Nope, not even tempted!
LOL... Ironing is about the ONLY household task I love to do LOL.... ( Now vacuuming/dusting....not so much LOL )
Have a Rowenta iron I bought from QVC years ago and it's still going strong in spite of being dropped onto concrete floor a couple of times
I iron almost everything!..even hubby's tee shirts and yes... ironed sheets a 'must" LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

I do love a good deal and I try to save money where and when I can. When I buy online, I'll google to see if they have a promo and I'll usually wait until free shipping is offered. I wish my husband was more like me. He does all the grocery shopping and never looks at prices. He says "Women shop, men buy".

On big ticket items, I do a lot of research and don't get in a hurry.

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidto2Maltese View Post
LOL... Ironing is about the ONLY household task I love to do LOL.... ( Now vacuuming/dusting....not so much LOL )
Have a Rowenta iron I bought from QVC years ago and it's still going strong in spite of being dropped onto concrete floor a couple of times
I iron almost everything!..even hubby's tee shirts and yes... ironed sheets a 'must" LOL
I also have a Rowenta. I don't mind ironing, it's where I can just meditate. Plus I love creases and freshly ironed clothes. Pillow cases dresser scarves, well just about anything. LOL

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
I also have a Rowenta. I don't mind ironing, it's where I can just meditate. Plus I love creases and freshly ironed clothes. Pillow cases dresser scarves, well just about anything. LOL

Sigh...ironed sheets. I wish you were MY wife. I also think that you should have the Miele rolling iron, as a reward for ironing sheets.

Oops..Terry is the one who irons sheets. I'm moving in with her.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Sigh...ironed sheets. I wish you were MY wife. I also think that you should have the Miele rolling iron, as a reward for ironing sheets.

Oops..Terry is the one who irons sheets. I'm moving in with her.
Well..Sylie... "come on down"!...errrr...I mean over! LOL .Yes. I love crisp WHITE ironed sheets. I used to be into colors/prints.. but for several yars now it's good ole white sheets....preferably with some type embellishment on hem and pillowcase edges. If weather permits I place the ironed sheets outside on the patio and they get that wonderful fresh-air smell....ahhh heaven! ( no don't dry them there ...though wish I did have a line sometimes...THAT would truly be the frugal way to go)
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)
Default Frugal Tips & Tricks

I'm all Champagne taste on a beer budget. My husband always tells me I married the wrong guy. Sigh. I love a good deal but it has to fall in my lap because I subscribe to the time is money adage and I just don't have time (or patience) to hunt for bargains! And I'm a quality over quantity gal too! I need to check out that Miele vacuum cleaner! But I hate to clean, I want a vacuum that will run itself. I grew up pretty spoiled but my mom was pretty frugal when it came to clothes and stuff like that, so I'm not a big clothes horse/fancy handbag kind of girl. But I will splurge on a fabulous (and classic) pair of boots or shoes once or twice a year. Anytime I've skimped on shoes I've regretted it. I'll take shoes over a vacuum cleaner any day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Celeta I agree about the shoes over the vacuum---I am strictly comfort too, not fashion. A good mattress also above the vacuum (but I will still have the vacuum in the end as well). I say you are either in the shoes or in the rack---so those go first.
"Wag more Bark less"
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte
Default Frugal Tips & Tricks

I used to be very frugal, until I met Cici! I come from a poor family that has worked farms their whole life, and we were used to not having much. All my Christmas presents I got as a kid came from yard sales. I learned about bargain hunting from going to yard sales and swap meets with my mom. Over the years we've managed to grow a little economically, and now my mom is far from frugal lol she likes spending a lot in decorating the home, and I don't blame her, she's giving herself everything she always wanted and couldn't have. Well, not everything because we still haven't hit the jackpot lol, but she still shops on Craigslist and goes to yard sales, but if she really likes something at the store there's no stopping her)
I still stayed frugal. All my paychecks went straight to savings and I only spent $20 a month on cell phone bill, I didn't even have a car to put gas in so no money spent there. I really love saving money, and the $ I'm saving is going straight to be spent on my first home when I get married, so I don't touch that no matter what. But now I have more bills and necessities to purchase so it's harder.
I'm very girly but don't buy a lot of shoes or clothes (my boyfriend has more shoes than me! Haha). I love swap meets and yard sales, craigslist, ebay, and coupons! So I guess those would be my only "tricks" lol. I sign up for free memberships at grocery stores and take advantage of the savings plus mnifacturer coupons and store sales.

I never had an urge to buy something, until Cici came along!! Now all I can think of is what to get her next. I spend my nights looking for things on eBay, amazon or sellers on FB. I try to find things for a good price though, so I try to be patient. But this girl has got me spending a lot, she's so spoiled. Lately I've had to cut back though, so I just look at things.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Nora, I love the "heritage" your mom passed down to you---it may well be one of the most valuable things you own. It is something that money truly "can not buy." Kudos to your mom for teaching you so well---maybe it wasn't her choice but that doesn't matter in the end!
One of my daughters has a bumper sticker that says "live simply, so that others simply may live." Love it.
"Wag more Bark less"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement