So mad and shaking right now! Me and Cici were attacked again - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

I would still me shaking! I rarely take mine on the street either...I would teach your baby to use potty pads...you can get them at Walgreens..a package of 50 is only 9.99...they work for me and I have 3. I take mine out in the stroller zipped up and I have my deck fenced in with a canopy over it. They can still be outside and get fresh air and sunshine..all 3 of mine are 4-5 pounds, so are tiny...I have had some close calls, too..I am not willing to take another chance...

Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I'm fortunate I think. No large aggressive dogs off leash around here. My neighbor behind us breeds pitbulls, but they are always kept in a huge enclosure that they built for them. I see the puppies in their yard from time to time, but I've never seen the adults off leash. They are very responsible dog owners and nice people.

We have a lady who walks a huge Doberman every morning. I saw her this morning. Her dog is so docile on leash. He just glances at Mia and walks on...meanwhile she's acting like she weighs 150 lbs instead of just 5 lbs. LOL...she doesn't bark or go nuts...just looks intently like "I can take him Mom..don't worry..I got your back"...Makes me laugh. I take the same route every morning around two blocks and then home, so I know there aren't any dogs there...But it doesn't keep me from being on the alert.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

I would be mad and shaking to!!!!! I always try to carry a cane when walking mine.................. If I were you I would call the cops on him!!!! There are laws and your neighbor is not above them!!!! I am so happy that nothing happened to you and your baby
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
I would be mad and shaking to!!!!! I always try to carry a cane when walking mine.................. If I were you I would call the cops on him!!!! There are laws and your neighbor is not above them!!!! I am so happy that nothing happened to you and your baby
Read the riot act to this neighbor of yours !!!! Please read below
SCIENTER LAW

Knowingly. Having the requisite knowledge of the wrongness/illegality of an act or conduct; guilty knowledge; knowing the impropriety/illegality associated with doing certain acts. This is often an element of liability or guilt that must be proven before a judgement or conviction can be obtained.A man may do many acts which are justifiable or not, as he is ignorant or not ignorant of certain facts. He may pass a counterfeit coin, when he is ignorant of its being counterfeit, and is guilty of no offence; but if he knew the coin to be counterfeit, which is called the scienter, he is guilty of passing counterfeit money. A man who keeps an animal which injures some person, or his property, is answerable for damages, or in some cases he may be indicted if he had a knowledge of such animal's propensity to do injury. In this respect the civil law agrees with our own.
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Nora is there a reason you guys can't put up a fence? We can't because we are renting
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Nora---Report them again in person, demand they investigate if you have leash laws in your area. Not all do. BUY A STUN GUN (stick) and pepper spray.
Warn all the dog owners your armed now!! Even a stroller might not be full proof. Zipped shut is good but you can be attacked too!!!

Oh Nora! my heart breaks for you reading your description. I have been in the same situation with my Sammie. I have almost same thread as yours here from that morning.

I am so happy you were able to get inside fast enough. Thank god!! With Sammie it turned into an attack, (I saved him though) when the neighbors opened their garage door to load 2 big, unleashed dogs into their car. The dogs were able to cross the street full speed and for some reason one grabbed him out of the stroller in seconds. I was able to yank the leash to free him but he hit the ground hard and screamed for nearly 30 min then shook a long time. He was miraculously not killed only in shock and had to be sedated and a strained neck and ribs. There was no way to outrun them. Like with you it happens SO FAST, we all need to consider the possibilities of this everytime we take our dogs outside. As far as Cici being affected, I know Sammie developed fear aggressions bec he barks at big dogs. Is scared when he passes that house, or if he sees a garage door open. He's fine with dogs if he knows them. I don't know how much is from the attack only that he has some residual affects. They recommended training asap but we only went to a few classes. He prob would benefit from more. Some with traing behavioural exper would know more about this. It's very important issue. I know I could use help too with little Sammie. And Mommy...lol.
The mean dog was moved afterwards to a family member thankfully. But I've seen stray dogs before. Not often but never know is way I look at it now.
If you report loose dogs here in fla. animal control sends a letter, upon second notice they visit. If a dog is attacked thats immediate investigation. You have to go in person and demand protection. The neighbors won't work with you? Mine did right away. They leash them now.

It took me long while to fully get over the whole thing. I tried not to pass it on to him. You will have to through it. I know everyone handles trauma differently, hoping your strong, armed and on road to getting over this soon. Bless little Cici's heart. I know she was scared and you too.
Hang in there.
xxxx

Last edited by SammieMom; 01-17-2013 at 11:35 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Unhappy

Nora-
I guess I missed your second post, so I'd like to add, based on your past experiences and situation with unleashed dogs everywhere I would not take Cici outside. That's not always easy depending on her potty traing regimen. If she can use pads that's great, because I would be afraid mine were sitting ducks out there and so are you. You can buy a stun gun and spray but that's just more trauma to deal with. Doesn't make walking much fun when your on the attack whole time. Just my two cents but after your sisters dog and Cici first attack you may have dodged a bullit this time. I'm afraid they would attack you if Cici was zipped inside a stroller. A dog that is allowed to roam free has no training so anything is possible with them. Gosh this sounds like I'm being negative but if animal control is not enforcing leashes your neighborhood is unsafe with so many pits, and such roaming around. Def take a friend with you and a big stick-gun if you go out.
xxxx

Last edited by SammieMom; 01-17-2013 at 11:58 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

I might have said before that we live in a very rural area with woods on 3 sides of us and there are thick woods all behind us. About every 6 months or so, we have a mountain lion that comes through. All of a sudden all the rabbits, squirrels and ground hogs all disappear and then we will beginb to hear of people who are missing their cat(s). It will wake us in the middle of the night with that terrifying scream and after a couple of weeks, it moves on. We have seen footprints that have been left in the mud on several occasions. I say that to say this---I WILL NEVER TAKE MY FURBABIES OUTSIDE AT MY HOME UNLESS I CARRY THEM. We have called the wildlife authorities and and they tell us that there are no mountain lions, cougars or other big cats in our area. I invited one to come and spend the night outside in my backyard and guess what? He REFUSED!!!
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

There absolutely are bobcat in your area. While officially there are no cougar in TN, wildlife don't read books, range maps, or official population reports. Cougar roam and sometimes they roam into TN. Whether there are any stable, reproducing populations or just the occasional passer-by, is unknown.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Do you know where this dog lives? I would report him like Jeanne said. You poor thing. This same thing happened to a Sheltie in our town. Right where I walk Rocky by the park. The owner of the pit bull viciously attacked this little sheltie for no reason. He needed surgery...it's awful. The worst part is the lady that was with the pitt bull did not give the girl the right information and she has no way to find her again. She did report it though. I'm glad your Dad came out and was able to save you guys from an attack. Scary for him too though. Do you have an association or HOA? I would tell them too. These mindless people need to be fined big time!!!

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement