So mad and shaking right now! Me and Cici were attacked again - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte
Default So mad and shaking right now! Me and Cici were attacked again

This just happened like 15 minutes ago. I took Cici outside on the front yard for a potty break and after I was going to take her for a walk on the street like any other day. It's been a long time since I've seen any of the neighbors dogs since they got fined for having their Rottweilers off leash, and those were the only ones I was scared of since I had not seen any others off leash on the street. Well, we were on the grass and out of nowhere I hear a dog growling like mad and then I see these big sharp teeth running towards me and Cici. I'm not sure what breed but it looked just like a Husky or some wolf-type breed. The dog didn't have a regular running after someone to play face, he scared the crap out of me just with his eyes and the way his mouth was. I was SO lucky that my dad happened to be outside at the moment (he wasn't and just 1 minute before the dog showed up he went outside with me), I yelled dad and picked Cici up. She was going crazy barking trying to protect me, I was terrified I think I turned pale, I didn't know what to do I was scared if I tried to run inside he would chase me. My dad has a very strong intimidating personality, and he shouted at the dog and it stopped but it wouldn't stop looking at me and Cici like a hawk when it finds it's prey, and it tried to run after us from the other side of the lawn but my dad kept scaring it away and I ran inside with Cici. I'm still shaking right now that's how scared I was/am! And poor Cici took her until right now to calm down, now she's laying down next to my sister's Yorkie.

All the training we have done for her desensitizing I think is ruined now, and my mind and heart is made into a little pieces just thinking about it and and thinking about what am I going to do now?? It's not even safe for us to go outside on my own property! I would be to scared for Cici's safety to take her on walks on my street. I think about driving to another neighborhood just to walk her but I don't know the neighborhoods well what if we run into another dog?? I'm only good scary away dogs that are unsure whether they're going to attack or not, but not big dogs that have that look on their face and are coming at us full speed, we're two small girls that only add up to 110lb, I wouldn't be surprised if that dog weighed as much or more (or maybe i'm over exaggerating with the dogs weight?).

I feel so bad for Cici, my poor baby how is she supposed to trust other dogs now more than ever??!? Ugh. I don't know why owners can't just keep their dogs on a leash, I mean Cici is a small dog and never attacks but I still keep her on leash at all times even when going out for potty breaks, so why shouldn't a big dog that wants to attack people be on leash?!? That's the same dog that when his owner takes him outside on his front yard, the dog lunges and barks at me, and the man is trying to hold him back but I don't feel scared because he has him on leash. Well this time the man was outside too, and I don't know if he saw the dog but he must have heard him, and me and my dad yelling! And that man didn't go get his dog or say anything.

I just needed to vent.. This helped me calm down a little, at least I'm not shaking anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

I am really angry for you, we have the same kind of bs going on here where I live. It just makes me furious. There are a ton of other angry things I could say but it wouldn't be constructive. I'm glad you two are safe at least.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Nora, that sounds so scary. So glad your dad was there and all turned out ok.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

send Animal Control after them. Maybe if they have been fined multiple times they will think twice before letting the dog outside unleashed.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

I Know What Scarey is And That Feeling. So Very Glad that the both of you are all right/ thank god for your dad. I do Hope You Will Be Able to enjoy the outside again. but fear can sure take over. After the bear on my porch, i have had to pay someone to take Yogi Out In My Wooded area- I was Thankful Winter Came. Spring Ill be a nutt case.

So Glad you are ok. Dont let the fear take you over!! Nickee&Yogi in Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
send Animal Control after them. Maybe if they have been fined multiple times they will think twice before letting the dog outside unleashed.
I agree with this. Infuriating!

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

That is so frightening. Glad you and ceci did not get hurt.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

When I was in grad school, we could bring dogs with us to school and to classes etc. Rule was they had to be on leash. Of course no one followed that rule.

I once witnessed a Pom being picked up by a larger dog and the dog kept running around in circles till one of my friends jumped on him to stop him. Neither of the two dogs were leashed.

I still remember his owner's excuse, "He's just a dog." Well, no ****. That's why he should be on a leash. How hard is it to remember this?! Leash your dogs in public.

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I do not walk my dogs on the street. I know that I should. dogs should get out and walk, but I am too afraid of idiots with uncontrolled big stupid dogs. I don't know what to say....because I really detest people who have big dog-agrgesive dogs that they have zero control over. I have come too close to having some moron's dog kill my baby. I don't walk them on the street.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

I had a neighbor who bred bull mastiffs. He was a total moron. One day he was out walking both of his super strong dogs with an extaleash. Alan walked out of out front door with our little boy, and as quick as lightnig the big male caught our baby by the neck and would have killed him in a heartbeat, Alan punched the mastiff in the face causing him to release his hold on our baby. The idiot owner, said "why did you hit my dog?" Duh, because he was about to kill mine, while you were paying no attention. I really have no use for aggressive dogs, but if you have one, you had better learn how to handle it. Those dogs caused so much trouble in the neighborhood, but they were really good dogs...their person was an idiot though. I would really like to see that irresponsible man doing time in a wire pen. There is no doubt in my mind that someday his dogs will kill a beloved pet...and he will just act all innocent, as if they had not threaten the entire neighborhood for years.
Advertisement