How is your weather - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Stay safe everyone!!! It's supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow though very windy. Bella and I are holding good thoughts for all of you in the storm's path.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Well the storm is over here and the sun is shining bright. Downside is that its -14 degrees. Brrrrrrr

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Maxwell, and Henry, (and Buddy and Bunnie too), Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie and Me View Post
In Ma the governer declared a state of Emergency. We just got a call from our Police Chief that the state had declared our town a state of Emergency.We live on the coast and everyone was ordered off the streets until tomorrow afternoon and then they will reaccess.

I am bored to death, have my potroast cooking, made homemade biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, did all the laundry, vacuumed, dusted etc. I know we will loose power tonight as it is really picking up here and the windgusts are starting. Just praying some of the huge trees around our house don't come down. It hasn't even really reved up yet. The doggies are loving the snow but they will not be going out shortly at all.

We will have 2 high tides that will cause major flooding near the ocean and emergency shelters have opened up one welcoming pets.

Hope all in the northeast stay safe and warm.
Checking in to see how things are along the coast this morning.
Hope all is well!

Daisy and Max and Henry
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

Well we have power now, lost it several times last evening. ThankGod no trees came down on our property but many trees down in the neighborhood across driveways and across the 2 roads into the neighborhood. The plows have not been able to get through.
My hubby is coordinating the plow and tree removal people and some of the men in the neighborhood to help clear and chainsaw some of the limbs so the plows can clear a path for the tree guys or emerg vehicles.
As I am typing this the police dept. called and stated the driving ban is still in effect due to downed trees and powerlines and many roads are closed. He said 70% of the town is without power
Thanks for checking in Kathleen, how are you fairing?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Maxwell, and Henry, (and Buddy and Bunnie too), Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

I am so glad you didn't have any trees down on your property. Sounds like a mess though. The winds were something else here, so I am sure they were much stronger near the coast. It sounded like a hurricane last night!
The news reports say we have about 28 inches of snow here in Metro West, but it is hard to tell due to the drifts. Some are five feet high. It finally just stopped snowing here, so were are headed outside with our shovels.
The clean up begins! I hope your roads are cleared soon.

Daisy and Max and Henry
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

Yes, all day cleaning up but felt good to be outside. happy to hear you had no major damage Kathleen!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

it's about -5C here in eastern Canada, very windy and snowing since 12pm. We are supposed to get ice pellets and more snow/rain in the morning. If we do get rain it's going to be one big mess. I went outside a little earlier and cleared the driveway and it's not filling in too much, so that's a plus!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)

Glad to hear everyone is safe! It was quite a storm! We got at least 24 inches of snow and fortunately, never lost power! Here are some pictures of my parking lot.

My mom who lives down the road couldn't even open her front door, it was so blocked and packed with snow. Kathleen, my in-laws who are out your way can't get out of their drive way and the plow guy who normally plows them out couldn't because the snow was too deep and too much!! My DH and his brothers may have to go there tomorrow and shovel them out manually!
Attached Thumbnails
How is your weather-blizzard-5.jpg   How is your weather-blizzard-3.jpg   How is your weather-blizzard-6.jpg   How is your weather-blizzard.jpg  

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marti
Dog's Name: Tanner, Frankie, Jamie, Kelsey

Um, well we didn't exactly have shorts weather here today, but I didn't wear a jacket when I went out. Yet another reason to live in The South!