What Color Is Your Kitchen? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)
Default What Color Is Your Kitchen?

I've been trying to find the right color for our kitchen and just can't seem to get it right. So, I thought it might be fun to ask all of yall.... what color is your kitchen and if you could change the color, what color would you use?

I'm thinking of going with chocolate brown walls and then I may add a chocolate brown accent wall to my adjacent living room . In our kitchen, we have cherry cabinets, an ugly tan floor, a Crate & Barrel round glass table and seafoam/spa blue chairs from Kirklands.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

My kitchen up north had a chocolate wall, black counters, medium pine cabinets. The other walls were papered. That was a white background with a wide bamboo type leaf in poison green, black accents and small yellow flower. It got the AM sun and was bright.

I hate my current kitchen needs to be redone.

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami

I love decorating my home!! It is quite empty right now-just very basic furnitures as me and DH really like minimalistic approach to things.. and most of the time I usually have it my way to pick colors and furnitures for the home- except for the kitchen. We had a huge disagreement to which color our kitchen cabinet is going to be: I wanted High gloss Red and he wanted simple white. LOL
We went with White kitchen cabinets, most of the wall cabinet has glass door. Now that I look back- its been about 2 years, I do like that we went with more simpler color scheme, than say Red that I really wanted. I think Red would've been 'too strong' lol, although I am still toying with the idea of putting in Red high gloss kitchen cabinets in our next home. we will see..!!

are you doing a full out renovation?(replacing out all the appliances, etc?) I'd Love to see the photos of the progress!! I also love chocolate stained wood- i think its very elegant and also classical kitchen..
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Ollie

My kitchen is brick red and not sure I would do it again. Shows every flaw b/c it is a bit too shiny (not glass paint either)!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cathy
Dog's Name: Edgar, Emmet, Mercedes and Whitney

I had the backsplash changed in my kitchen last year and it made a huge difference. I also had the room painted Grey and love it.
Attached Thumbnails
What Color Is Your Kitchen?-img_1951.jpg   What Color Is Your Kitchen?-img_2015.jpg   What Color Is Your Kitchen?-kitchen.jpg   What Color Is Your Kitchen?-img_0252.jpg  

Mercedes and Whitney
elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

We have a lot of wood in our house ,all casings, crown moulding and wood windows. Our kitchen is a soft straw color. I love it against all the wood. We are going to (in the near future) do a complete kitchen remodel, but I still love the color of the walls.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
vjw
Maltese Guru

White cabinets, green walls. Dining room is shades of gold.

I would advise choosing a color for your kitchen which would go well with your cabinets, counter tops and floor. I'm having a hard time imagining what a chocolate brown wall, cherry cabinets, and tan floors would look like.

Since you like chocolate brown (so do I), maybe you could use the chocolate brown on the living room wall and pick a color which goes well with this brown for the kitchen.
vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
vjw
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly View Post
I had the backsplash changed in my kitchen last year and it made a huge difference. I also had the room painted Grey and love it.
Love your backsplash. You have a beautiful home!
vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Cathy -- love, Love, LOVE the new backsplash!!!

Bridget -- as far as color, I think it depends on what color your cabinets, countertops, applicances, etc. are. My kitchen is cream paint because the colors of the other things in the kitchen (cabinets, counters) go best with it.

Personally I love to think of a cheery, yellow kitchen -- it seems sooooooooooo 1950s Leave It To Beaver. But I would never do my own kitchen in that color.

Also it somewhat depends on where you live and the style of your house. For example, I love white cabinets, but I live in a very southwestern style home and they just won't look right in this particular house.

Show us pics of your kitchen and we'll be of more help, imho.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

I wanted my kitchen to look bright, that's why I choose light yellow and green colors. With my cabinets I could have choosen any color.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement