Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Changed out my snow tires and guess ...

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  maddysmom 
#1 ·
So yesterday I changed my snow tires for my all season radials (summer tires), and guess what happened last night - if you guessed snowed - ding ding ding ding - you are correct. Not much snow, just a little dusting, but talk about insult to injury.

#3 ·
You jinxed yourself by changing the tires. :w00t: You should have left them on for a few more weeks. We keep our snow boots in the garage and in the summer we put them in the basement. We aren't using them right now but we are leaving them in the garage for a while just to be safe. We had a dusting of snow last night too and it's bitter cold today with a wind-chill of -19 overnight tonight.

#5 ·
Good thing - it is melting sooooo slowly, there is no flooding. Yay for that. During the day it get a little over freezing, then at night below.

#4 ·
AND snow showers at least 3 days next week. Less than an inch or so each day, so it is not a bit deal or is not going to affect travel, but IT IS THE IDEA OF THE THING that bugs me.

#9 ·
I love that excuse, but we need a good 4-5 inches before it actually affects travel.

Kathleen: I do remember it, we had about 2 feet of snow, I know Boston got more. I actually had trays of plants outside it was warm and all of a sudden a cold front came through and snow started flying. I tripped and spilled on tray losing several seedlings. Not a happy camper.

#8 ·
Walter, it sounds like some of my "fairy dust" landed at your house! Sorry about that. I just had so much I needed to share. After all it is "better to give than receive."

#11 ·
Funny there were actually snow flakes I saw on my way to work this morning. I have to go over a mountain and it was snowing (very lightly) but it was snowing. Nothing was sticking but the temp was about 33 degress.

#12 ·
This morning it is 48 degrees here ... and, it's almost May.

I used to get this reoccurring dream that really disturbed me. In my dream it seemed to be summer (maybe spring) and all of a sudden it would start snowing ... so hard that it became like a blizzard in seconds. So, now when I hear it's still snowing this time of the year ... it bothers me.

At this point, I will be very surprised if we have a hot summer this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.