Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Happy National Vanilla Ice Cream Day

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  wkomorow 
#1 ·
Could there be a better reason to celebrate. Luck will get his usual tonight. He loves coconut and almond milk ice creams. His favorite is Amy's Organic Almondmilk Vanilla Ice Cream. If I could hook up a little wheel to him when I say would you like ice cream, we could solve the world's energy problems - he goes crazy running from one room to the other, jumping up, spinning around.

#4 ·
Smart dog---smart owner!
Today I plan to make homemade ice cream. It has taken me 2 wks. to decide on the flavor---bet it won't take that long to eat it.

#9 ·
Enjoy your almond milk ice cream Luck! It sounds healthy! Baby had peanut butter doggie ice cream at a pet store once & went crazy for it! I just made homemade full fat Banana ice cream {Alton Brown's recipe on foodnetwork} Soo good and a great way to use up over ripe bananas! I haven't given any to Baby though, he just gets a bit of plain banana fruit I'm afraid to give the ice cream because of the high fat content/heavy cream in it & potentially causing pancreatic problems.

#12 · (Edited)
Well, today is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! The best hot fudge sundaes are right here in Ashburn at a place called The Meadows. Real hot fudge (and, lots of it) the best frozen custard (family owned business and not like franchise frozen custards) even the maraschino cherry and homemade whipped cream are the best!

So, I suppose it was the perfect excuse to go off of my whole foods healthy eating ... but, the hot weather saved me with the heat index reaching 112 today ... the ice-cream would have melted pretty fast.

Sue, I know your ice cream had to be yummy!

Attachments

#13 ·
Oh my (which I could do a better Takei impression because it would be perfect.)

I bet there have been a lot of people heading to ice cream shoppes lately. Here in New England, people used to head to Friendly;s for ice cream. They were known for the ice cream sundaes, but especially their Frappes - so thick you could hold them upside and they would not drip. But the real destination in the summer was A & W for their ice cream floats A & W root beer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (It is parking lot eating only) The waitresses were on roller skates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.