Another example of this amazing community - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mags
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Boo (maltese) and Zach (wheaten terrier)

Thank you, everyone. The card, donation, and plants were so touching and brightened my day. The burial at sea will be on May 6th. We have to herd the cats and get everyone down to Key West again.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Herding cats is a big job, Mags!
I, too, had not seen the card but am glad to have been a part of remembering your precious dad----love the photo of you two together---a real keeper.
Sending special wishes for a beautiful time of remembrance w/your family in May, Mags.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jane and addison
Dog's Name: tinkerbelle and Petey

So sorry about your Dad. Had some of my own grief here. One day at a time. Hugs
jane and addison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Mags - wanted to share this with you. I may have written this before. When my husband's parents passed within a few years of each other they had left us with the wish that their ashes be scattered in the Smoky Mountains. They had loved a couple of trips they had there. Well DH's sisters and he would constantly say,"One day we have to go to the Smokies..." This went on for several years. Finally, the producer I am, I set up our trip, rented a house and we were off to NC one November. Scattering the ashes was the hard part. Kept looking for very private places since we really didn't know if it was legal or not. It was very touching (tho we had a look out posted) and we realized after we did it that it wasn't so much about the ashes and where they would "reside" (blowing in the wind) but we had one of the most wonderful weekends spending time together, in a beautiful place we otherwise would not have gone to together. I think they were looking from above and happy they brought their children and their spouses to the beautiful spot that they loved and where we left all our normal lives behind to remember how wonderful they were. I hope you have a similar family outing. There were only 8 of us.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber,Emily,Lil Bit,Sasha,Harrycat-Amy,Buffy,Buster,Duchess,Einie,Grechen,Max,Rosie,Rylee in heaven

You shared him with all of us and you shared him with the world with his ashes in the sea that he loved..
I wished my mom would have been cremated so I could have kept a few ashes..to keep her with me..

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sue, when we scattered my mother's the same way it was an absolutely beautiful day, and her ashes followed the orchid wreath we had placed in the water. Then the dolphins started jumping. It really was surreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Mags - wanted to share this with you. I may have written this before. When my husband's parents passed within a few years of each other, they had left us with the wish that their ashes be scattered in the Smoky Mountains. They had loved a couple of trips they had there. Well DH's sisters and he would constantly say,"One day we have to go to the Smokies..." This went on for several years. Finally, the producer I am, I set up our trip, rented a house and we were off to NC one November. Scattering the ashes was the hard part. Kept looking for very private places since we really didn't know if it was legal or not. It was very touching (tho we had a look out posted) and we realized after we did it that it wasn't so much about the ashes and where they would "reside" (blowing in the wind) but we had one of the most wonderful weekends spending time together, in a beautiful place we otherwise would not have gone to together. I think they were looking from above and happy they brought their children and their spouses to the beautiful spot that they loved and where we left all our normal lives behind to remember how wonderful they were. I hope you have a similar family outing. There were only 8 of us.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Michelle, I had miniature urns made for all of us when my mother passed so we could all keep a piece of her. I hope my brother remembered to do that for dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerobison View Post
You shared him with all of us and you shared him with the world with his ashes in the sea that he loved..
I wished my mom would have been cremated so I could have kept a few ashes..to keep her with me..