Another example of this amazing community - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mags
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Boo (maltese) and Zach (wheaten terrier)
Default Another example of this amazing community

I finally made it back to Ohio and then after the snow storm to the mailbox. I ended my day opening three beautiful cards. I can't even begin to tell you how much SM and your friendship mean to me. The card of my father brought tears to my eyes and not from sadness, but from the cherished card I will always have to remind me of my father. How you captured his very essence is the words without ever have met him just blows my mind.

You guys are the best! Many thanks to all of you: Brenda, Kathy (Pipper's mom), Kim (Tyler and Trissie), Lydia, Maggie, Marie, Michelle, Pam, Pat (A team), Paula, Sandi, Sherry, Walter, Sue (Tyler), Sylvia

In case you can't read the card with the picture of my Dad:
Front of card
How he looked
How he spoke
How he laughed
How he lived
How he loved
Inside
Picture of Dad holding me
A father's love last than a lifetime
His life will be celebrated, and he will always be remembered. With caring thoughts in your time of loss

The other card was from North Central Maltese - thank you so much for donating to save our new furbabies in my father's name. I couldn't think of a better tribute.

We finally coordinated my family's vast family, and we will be doing a sea-memorial to tribute our father who loved the sea. On May 6th, we will be sailing with 30 members of family and friends to scatter his ashes where we scattered my mother's seven years ago.

Special thanks to my guardian angels who I think did all this organizing -Walter and Sherry. And I have a feeling Walter will have to work his magic and straighten out the photos!

Love you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Another example of this amazing community-img_0871.jpg   Another example of this amazing community-img_0872.jpg   Another example of this amazing community-img_0873.jpg   Another example of this amazing community-img_0874.jpg  

Old 03-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

Here you go:

Name:  IMG_0871.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0874.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  47.7 KB

Another example of this amazing community-img_0872.jpg

Name:  IMG_0873.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  16.5 KB

Mags,

We all know how hard it is to lose someone you have known your whole life.

I am glad the card arrived. Sherry is amazing social network (even fighting a virus and being a caretaker a husband fighting a virus); she, Marie, and Sue provided a lot of guidance. And all the people sho wrote to us wanting to do something for you.

We wanted you to know that we are here for you. You have done so much for the SpoiledMaltese community and have had several life changing events over the last year. I hope the bonsai provides moments of peace and possitive periods of reflection and calm for you.

Last edited by wkomorow; 03-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

That card is so beautiful. I was in on it but hadn't seen it. Walter - did you create it? Just so wonderful. Mags - we hope you will find some solace with knowing how very lucky you were to have your dad in your life so long and what a wonderful role model in your life. I know that you will all be trading stories about him when you spread his ashes.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacey
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Edward/Oliver (3.2.2015)

What a beautiful card!!!
Smtf773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kim
Dog's Name: Tyler and Trissie
Send a message via Yahoo to kd1212

I hadn't seen the card-it's so beautiful! Supporting you during such a difficult time was really important to me. You've been there for me and that is the true meaning of friendship-always being there for each other-no matter the distance or anything else
kd1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
That card is so beautiful. I was in on it but hadn't seen it. Walter - did you create it? Just so wonderful. Mags - we hope you will find some solace with knowing how very lucky you were to have your dad in your life so long and what a wonderful role model in your life. I know that you will all be trading stories about him when you spread his ashes.
The card company provides an editable framework and suggested wording. So some of the wording is theirs, some design elements and words are mine.

Scattering his ashes at sea. What a great tribute.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

I hadn't seen it either beforehand and it's just lovely, great job Walter. Mags I'm so glad its a comfort to you. I agree, there is something about the sea and it's a great tribute to your Dad to have the ceremony there.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Mags, what a wonderful tribute to your dad. I know the hole in your heart now, and that you will miss him always. Smile at the memories!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Sissy

I'm so glad you got your family all together for the burial at sea. I remember seeing pics of from your Mom's. Walter really did work his magic! The card turned out great! I know you will always miss him. Peace be with you.

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

The card turned out beautiful.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement