Graciella Louisa!!!!!!!!!! - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

My, this thread is two years old.....

You have your sweet puppy and I wish you many happy healthy years together. Hey, I have a few dogs from puppy mills....Archie, the love of my life, came from a puppy mill and I bought him from a pet store. It doesn't automatically mean you'll get a sick dog. Gotta tell ya though, Archie has lp in his back legs, arthritis in all four legs and cronic ear infections. In July he had one of his ear canals removed. I love him more than life itself, but he sure costs a lot of $$$$. Tinker, my silly yorkie boy came directly from a puppy mill as an adult, he's healthy as a horse but has many mental "issues" from his prior life in the mill.

There's no need to be defensive, chances are you'll have a healthy, well adjusted pup. Members here tend to want to help perspective dog owners to avoid the heartache they, themselves have gone through. I, look forward to seeing your baby grow and hearing stories about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkerts2 View Post
I want to say my Lucy came from Warren Rabardie out of West Plains mo. I did some investigating and I am from Missouri so yes I know what a Miller is and so called Blue Ribbon Breeders HA!. I will tell you this much I did view the so called video that was released on this breeder and I do say breeder because I am not 100% set that they are in deed a mill. They breed ONLY maltese and I will say they are NOT all perfect pigmentation, coat etc but I seriously doubt if ALL breeders have a 100% perfect litter each time they have puppies. To me Lucy is perfect I am not a breeder and I have not plans to allow my Lucy to be bred.
I have tried to get Lucy since Nov. and had nothing but issues on my side stacked against me, these breeders took the time to Bring her to me and she was much more than what I had seen in a picture, she is AKC and I have no idea what her parents look like but I will say this she is MINE and well cared for and vetted and loved and all the above and I could not have asked for nicer people at that moment. Until now when I emailed to ask a few questions I have NOT gotten a reply so that is a huge RED FLAG warning to me!
Lucy at this time has no health issues and current on all vacs her coat is awesome and her level of activity is outstanding she seems smart and doing well with potty training she eats well and drinks well and very active she loves being held and to play.
Not well bred?? Who really knows about that.. simply because she came from Missouri does not mean that breeder did not buy a puppy at some point from a very well known breeder or exclusive breeder along the way in order to start raising puppies.
Her pigment is off by her nose, her hair coat is like a silk cloud , her personality is fearless and funny and energetic, and she loves to meet others and not snappish, she seems to have a will to want to learn and smart so to me PERFECT!

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
I know that Lucy Lu is perfect in your eyes (and she sure is a cutie!) as we all cherish our beloved fluffs no matter the origin. I am sorry that you are now finding out the Red Flags with her "breeder." I do hope she stays healthy and happy as she is now

That being said, I would continue to caution anyone from buying from Warren Rabardie or any other NON-reputable breeder or rescue/shelter. Non-reputable breeders' true motive is to make money, not to improve the maltese breed.

This is a very educational link that describes what a "REAL" ethical show breeder is.
Who are the real "show breeders"?
Excuse my typo, it was supposed to read "or any NON-reputable breeder or source other than rescue/shelter or ethical show breeder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
My, this thread is two years old.....

You have your sweet puppy and I wish you many happy healthy years together. Hey, I have a few dogs from puppy mills....Archie, the love of my life, came from a puppy mill and I bought him from a pet store. It doesn't automatically mean you'll get a sick dog. Gotta tell ya though, Archie has lp in his back legs, arthritis in all four legs and cronic ear infections. In July he had one of his ear canals removed. I love him more than life itself, but he sure costs a lot of $$$$. Tinker, my silly yorkie boy came directly from a puppy mill as an adult, he's healthy as a horse but has many mental "issues" from his prior life in the mill.

There's no need to be defensive, chances are you'll have a healthy, well adjusted pup. Members here tend to want to help perspective dog owners to avoid the heartache they, themselves have gone through. I, look forward to seeing your baby grow and hearing stories about her.
and great perspective from Pat!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I know that Lucy Lu is perfect in your eyes (and she sure is a cutie!) as we all cherish our beloved fluffs no matter the origin. I am sorry that you are now finding out the Red Flags with her "breeder." I do hope she stays healthy and happy as she is now

That being said, I would continue to caution anyone from buying from Warren Rabardie or any other NON-reputable breeder or rescue/shelter. Non-reputable breeders' true motive is to make money, not to improve the maltese breed.

This is a very educational link that describes what a "REAL" ethical show breeder is.
Who are the real "show breeders"?
are you so certain that these people are indeed a PUPPY MILL?????????? I mean what makes them a mill???Is it the amount of dogs they have? Because if that is the case I do believe I have visited several sites that were recommended from here and counted over 9 studs for one site not to mention the females which I did not see on this site and not to mention the amount of puppies because you can only contact via email or call for that info.
Exactly what makes a maltese bought from a TOP breeder any better than the next???? Any dog can have health issues and maltese are known for several health issues on there own. So in short one is to buy from a SHOW BREEDER in order to have the real THING! I am a PET OWNER not a SHOW OWNER or a BREEDER I am a responsible pet owner meaning I dont breed and I spay my pets I also have a respectable Vet that my pets see for shots illness and ect. and I find some of the remarks to others on this site useful as well as some being snotty and rude and full of INSULTS there is really no need in some of the rude insults some throw at others it seems all some of you care about is "Where ever did you get your darling maltese" and then you go in for the KILL insults and mud slinging as soon as one tells you.
Folkerts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkerts2 View Post
are you so certain that these people are indeed a PUPPY MILL?????????? I mean what makes them a mill???Is it the amount of dogs they have? Because if that is the case I do believe I have visited several sites that were recommended from here and counted over 9 studs for one site not to mention the females which I did not see on this site and not to mention the amount of puppies because you can only contact via email or call for that info.
Exactly what makes a maltese bought from a TOP breeder any better than the next???? Any dog can have health issues and maltese are known for several health issues on there own. So in short one is to buy from a SHOW BREEDER in order to have the real THING! I am a PET OWNER not a SHOW OWNER or a BREEDER I am a responsible pet owner meaning I dont breed and I spay my pets I also have a respectable Vet that my pets see for shots illness and ect. and I find some of the remarks to others on this site useful as well as some being snotty and rude and full of INSULTS there is really no need in some of the rude insults some throw at others it seems all some of you care about is "Where ever did you get your darling maltese" and then you go in for the KILL insults and mud slinging as soon as one tells you.
First off, I am sorry that you feel defensive about this subject. I do not mean to put anyone down and come from the sincerest of intentions to educate people to happen to come across this wonderful forum. I have been in your shoes. My puppy prior to Obi was from a backyard breeder who was also "nice enough" to bring the puppy to my place, I saw pics of the parents, was the smartest and happiest puppy before he died at 8 months of age. I do not think that responsible, well-bred dogs are 100% free from their health issues, but most reputable breeders are VERY conscientious of the genetic lines and different health conditions of the ancestors.

I think many people don't understand that we as pet owners are not buying from ethical show breeders because we want a show dog. It's the part of them being ETHICAL that is the draw. Ethical show breeders want to improve the breed with each successive generation. Are all "show breeders" necessarily ethical? No, maybe not... but I would say the majority of show breeders who follow the AMA code of ethics are. Are all puppymills and Backyard breeders doing a disservice to the maltese breed? 100% Yes. Most puppymills and BYB's do not breed maltese dogs with the intention to improve the maltese breed. That is why you may see some maltese with mixed features or features that do not fall within the AKC standard. Also, being AKC certified does not reflect on how "well-bred" or poorly bred the dog is.

The person mentioned is on this list of USDA kennels. Viewing that video of the kennel clearly shows that it is certainly an INAPPROPRIATE living standard for ANY maltese.

http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/ListA2006.pdf

Please understand that neither I or anyone is calling you an irresponsible pet owner! I DO know how much you love your dog-- I loved my puppy SO much. But, I am so sad and sickened to know that so many dogs and owners suffer as BYB's and puppy mills continue to feed the greed of those who are only into making money. I wish I had read this forum and saw informative threads before I made my mistake. Does it make me any less or loving of an owner? No. But, now I am better educated and I hope that I continue to help others.

Again, it's hard to hear a tone over the internet, but I have no ill-intentions for you and sincerely hope that Lucy continues to grow and thrive

Last edited by hoaloha; 01-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly & Kimmy (Dolce 10/5/07-6/2/13)

Quote:
First off, I am sorry that you feel defensive about this subject. I do not mean to put anyone down and come from the sincerest of intentions to educate people to happen to come across this wonderful forum. I have been in your shoes. My puppy prior to Obi was from a backyard breeder who was also "nice enough" to bring the puppy to my place, I saw pics of the parents, was the smartest and happiest puppy before he died at 8 months of age. I do not think that responsible, well-bred dogs are 100% free from their health issues, but most reputable breeders are VERY conscientious of the genetic lines and different health conditions of the ancestors.

I think many people don't understand that we as pet owners are not buying from ethical show breeders because we want a show dog. It's the part of them being ETHICAL that is the draw. Ethical show breeders want to improve the breed with each successive generation. Are all "show breeders" necessarily ethical? No, maybe not... but I would say the majority of show breeders who follow the AMA code of ethics are. Are all puppymills and Backyard breeders doing a disservice to the maltese breed? 100% Yes. Most puppymills and BYB's do not breed maltese dogs with the intention to improve the maltese breed. That is why you may see some maltese with mixed features or features that do not fall within the AKC standard. Also, being AKC certified does not reflect on how "well-bred" or poorly bred the dog is.

The person mentioned is on this list of USDA kennels. Viewing that video of the kennel clearly shows that it is certainly an INAPPROPRIATE living standard for ANY maltese.

http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/ListA2006.pdf

Please understand that neither I or anyone is calling you an irresponsible pet owner! I DO know how much you love your dog-- I loved my puppy SO much. But, I am so sad and sickened to know that so many dogs and owners suffer as BYB's and puppy mills continue to feed the greed of those who are only into making money. I wish I had read this forum and saw informative threads before I made my mistake. Does it make me any less or loving of an owner? No. But, now I am better educated and I hope that I continue to help others.

Again, it's hard to hear a tone over the internet, but I have no ill-intentions for you and sincerely hope that Lucy continues to grow and thrive

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Congratulations and welcome!! For some reason, it's not letting me see your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

The important thing to know is that no matter how much we condone reputable breeders or rescue...I don't think any one of us condemns anyone for getting their fluff love elsewhere. Most of us have been around long enough to have made mistakes and learned. Most of us want to stop puppymills and bybs, but I can't think of a member who will feel harshly towards either a sweet fluff who came from a mill, or a person who got their dog from a mill. In the end we all love the Maltese breed. In the end, we enfold all mommies and daddies. Please don't feel that you need to defend yourself, but do not either turn a deaf ear. Join us in our love for the breed. Become our friend, be open to learning in this, as in every aspect of life.
Advertisement