Looking into getting a Maltese - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Name: Betty
Dog's Name: Isabell

I havent had my dog for long and know close to nothing about the breed but I have found my Isabell disability and all to be one of the most kid friendly dogs ai have ever had. When my kids ( 4,6,8,11) are playing and running around she will find a safe place either my lap or her bed to hang out. My kids are pretty rambunctious and definatly are not used to small dogs but seem to have adjusted fine. Isabell weighs 9lbs which for us with an 80lb husky was a bit of a jump but everyone have adjusted well. I Work full time (nights) and am a stay at home mom during the day so the dog is never alone. When we all sit to watch tv or play a game shes right in the middle of it normally choosing to lay down with one of the young kids. My youngest son who is still home full time spends most of.the day with both dogs not more then 10ft away from him.
The kids are all responsible for letting the dogs in and out cleaning up after them and feeding time for all 10 of our pets. I have raised the kids to be respectful of all.animals and to understand they need space too. My best suggestion is to heed the advice you recieve and weigh your options carefully. Have you ever considered a jack russel or another terrier breed they do great eith kids and have the energy to keep up which little Isabell does not. The fur care has been the most challenging to get used to my husky sheds once a year and requires a couple good btushings now i find myself brushing Isabell every day sometimes twice if shes been out rolling in leaves. Its all about how much time and energy you are willing to put in and how much responsibility your children can handle.
grumpybear0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement