Hello, Im new. Does he look Purebred to you? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

He is so cute. What a sweet boy Paddington is.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

He's so adorable, and you can give him a good squeeze without hurting him!!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hello!! Im new here, b/c Im so excited to announce that I will be adopting a 7 month old maltese!......the 28th in fact....She weighs 3 lbs and I can't say exactly why the owner is getting rid of her......but I can say that IM quite happy to have her......a little tiny bit nervous as to what to believe, but so looking forward to it!........you ALL have beautiful furbabies!! her name is CHLOE!.....thanks for allowing me to enjoy reading and looking at your post, Im sure it will be of great help to me!

Last edited by mammyrose; 11-18-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: new to FORUM (think Ive posted in wrong section!!
mammyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Hi, mammyrose, and welcome! Congratulations on the new baby you're about to get. You may want to start a fresh post, letting us know, so that more members can see it. I can't wait to see pictures of Chloe!

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Aww he is so snuggly looking there is more of him to give cuddles to!! I don't think it really matters I bet he has the personality of a Maltese. Think he might be a mixed breed but he is super cute and looks Maltese
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

He looks like maltipoo to me ! He's adorable and I love his name!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
dcm

Name: Debra
Dog's Name: My Malts: Annika, Autumn, Jurney, Secret, Winnie, Ricky, & Rumor. My Boxers: Mika & Greta

[quote=bellaratamaltese;2083706][quote=dcm;2083694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
I don't know for certain, but it is my opinion, or belief that some pure bred Malts get too big. Then when bred to another they get even bigger. I may not have my facts straight, but I think that there are a lot of variations occurring in pure bred dogs. Show breeders will only breed dogs that conform to the standard, but even generations of dogs that conform to the standard will throw many pups that do not. If those pups are bred we see greater deviation from the standard.

Yet, they can be healthy, beautiful little love bugs. Paddington is a love bug. He is probably pure Malt...just from home breeders who loved their kids, but didn't feel the need to conform to the standard.

Bottom line....he is your baby...he is adorable...you will love him, have him neutered and give him a good life.

I'd love to know which popular champions were 10 lbs!

There are always puppies though that don't conform with the standard, even if the parents did.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to place a dog because it was too small than too big. dcm, do you show your dogs? I'd love to see pics of them!
I'd rather not say publicly as most of the breeders are still active and I don't need any flack with them. I know how they get

I have a very good friend with 4 champions from breeders you'd recognize.... the dam of one of her champions (was a champion) and she was 9 lbs. The dog owned by my friend was only 4 lbs. but his mom was bigger, nonetheless.

I've had Malts for 35 years...showed on a limited basis until cancer struck. Just never got back into it. However, I now have a beautiful little boy I may consider showing if I can find the time. Have had a lot of personal life changes in the recent past.

There is no size dis-qualification for this breed. Some champions are under the 4 lbs. and many are over the 7 which is below and above the *preferred size* but are/were still championed.

Many show breeders just don't tell all. Sorry, but that's the truth. They practice good p.r.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

Paddington is a cutie!
I'm no expert, not even close, but I think he's probably mixed because 23 lbs is pretty big.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #29 (permalink)

THANKS AGAIN!!.......I think I put it in the right place now! lol not sure though!
mammyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

[quote=dcm;2083835][quote=bellaratamaltese;2083706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post

I'd rather not say publicly as most of the breeders are still active and I don't need any flack with them. I know how they get

I have a very good friend with 4 champions from breeders you'd recognize.... the dam of one of her champions (was a champion) and she was 9 lbs. The dog owned by my friend was only 4 lbs. but his mom was bigger, nonetheless.

I've had Malts for 35 years...showed on a limited basis until cancer struck. Just never got back into it. However, I now have a beautiful little boy I may consider showing if I can find the time. Have had a lot of personal life changes in the recent past.

There is no size dis-qualification for this breed. Some champions are under the 4 lbs. and many are over the 7 which is below and above the *preferred size* but are/were still championed.

Many show breeders just don't tell all. Sorry, but that's the truth. They practice good p.r.

You definitely know a lot about the breed! Is that the little boy in your signature? He's a cutie!! Was he one that you bred?

personally, I like them a little bigger and will be more apt to keep a bigger one than a smaller pup! I wouldn't keep a big boy for show though unless he was exceptional (and by big, i mean 7 + lbs)

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement