Hi! I'm Kelly. I don't have a maltese :-) but........ - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Bravo is so cute, your cat is very tolerant of him!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Melissa Martinez
Dog's Name: Paislee and Rustee Wallace

Bravo is too cute! His parents are so beautiful I do hope we can see him "grow up" lol. Welcome!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #33 (permalink)

Name: Kelly
Dog's Name: Magnolise Avec Bravissimo

Thanks, again for such a wonderful welcome!

I will definitely be hanging around and promise to update him for you guys!

I actually have a Papillon puppy...but I joined this message board to get great grooming, nutritional, general toy-breed tips......and all the great people!!
Avec Bravissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

My hubby LOVES papillons! He has always wanted one. There was an adorable papillon in the doggy daycare we had our pom in, and he was just a ball of fun and the two of them got along great! She was adorable and so dainty!

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #35 (permalink)

One of my favorite things about the breed is their happy-go-lucky nature. Most are extroverts and are always up for a good time....whatever "good time" means to you'

They are eager to please and will work hard for food, praise, or toys. I also love that when I want to sit and read a book....that's exactly what the Pap has in mind! And then....that butterfly face held such an appeal for me!

This was one of the three other Paps I've had (two were mine, one was a foster). This is Jasper - he was a rescue from a puppy mill up in the midwest. He was 2 years old when I got him, 16 litters registered to him (not even close to the breed standard!), and he'd NEVER been out of a cage. He adjusted really well (took a while), and I loved my little guy...I lost him in 2004 (age 16).

This is Ch The Right Stuff, CGC, AKA "Stuff." I got him from a breeder in 1991 (he was 8mos old when I got him - but stayed with a handler for most of the time until he was 15mos old and had finished his championship. I had Stuff until 2006. He was the love of my life...and he thought I hung the moon (never could convince him otherwise).

Here are all three of them (including Cruiser, the foster, who ended up going to a nurse-friend of mine where he lived to be 19!) -

Anyway, I say all these things, but quite a few of the toy breeds fit this description...Like I said, I don't have any experience with Maltese, but each one I've ever met fits the description above! And I LOVE the faces of Maltese - either with the puppy cut or show coat.....I just want to kiss that little face!!!

I actually have a Papillon puppy...but I joined this message board to get great grooming, nutritional, general toy-breed tips......and all the great people!!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #36 (permalink)

Oh.....and just so I don't feel guilty about not being fair to our "kids," this is Cheers (P.Corgi). We only had 12 years with her....but she was an absolute joy.

She never had a bad day, and never met a stranger. She was a great big dog on the shortest of legs.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Katkoota
Dog's Name: Snowy & Crystal
Send a message via Yahoo to Katkoota

You are killing me with pap cuteness

[QUOTE=Avec Bravissimo;2086347]One of my favorite things about the breed is their happy-go-lucky nature. Most are extroverts and are always up for a good time....whatever "good time" means to you/QUOTE]

Yep and that is what I also love about them. Interesting, but I have a maltese who until this day fits the above description perfectly

Sent from Kat's iPhone

Snowy & Crystal R in Youtube. Click here for their videos
Skittles & Thalj the lovebirds
the family's pink boy, Dante.
Katkoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

I have to admit....you guys are tempting me with these freaking CUTE Maltese!!! UGH!!!!

I can only do one puppy at a time!!!! I can only do one puppy at a time!!! I can only do one puppy at a time!!!! I can only do one puppy at a time!!!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Bravissimo View Post
One of my favorite things about the breed is their happy-go-lucky nature. Most are extroverts and are always up for a good time....whatever "good time" means to you'

They are eager to please and will work hard for food, praise, or toys. I also love that when I want to sit and read a book....that's exactly what the Pap has in mind! And then....that butterfly face held such an appeal for me!

This was one of the three other Paps I've had (two were mine, one was a foster). This is Jasper - he was a rescue from a puppy mill up in the midwest. He was 2 years old when I got him, 16 litters registered to him (not even close to the breed standard!), and he'd NEVER been out of a cage. He adjusted really well (took a while), and I loved my little guy...I lost him in 2004 (age 16).

This is Ch The Right Stuff, CGC, AKA "Stuff." I got him from a breeder in 1991 (he was 8mos old when I got him - but stayed with a handler for most of the time until he was 15mos old and had finished his championship. I had Stuff until 2006. He was the love of my life...and he thought I hung the moon (never could convince him otherwise).

Here are all three of them (including Cruiser, the foster, who ended up going to a nurse-friend of mine where he lived to be 19!) -

Anyway, I say all these things, but quite a few of the toy breeds fit this description...Like I said, I don't have any experience with Maltese, but each one I've ever met fits the description above! And I LOVE the faces of Maltese - either with the puppy cut or show coat.....I just want to kiss that little face!!!

Oooh! I adore your pictures of all your fur-kids I definitely think you'd love a maltese LOL...not tempting you! I can tell that all of your furkids are truly loved and they look so happy! keep the pics coming...
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nida
Dog's Name: Emma Charlotte (CloudClan Maltese) and Bailey (Honorary Maltese)

Welcome to SM! Your little guy is adorable! I also loved the pictures you shared of your other fluffs...so cute!

I also don't have a Maltese (but hope to get one soon!) and I've been a member here for two and a half years! I joined in 2010 when I was looking to get my first puppy and was really interested in the Maltese breed...well I ended up falling in love with my Bailey at a local rescue and adopted him. I stuck around SM because as you said, there is a LOT of great info here that could apply to taking care of any small breed dog and I learned soooo much. SM members have been sooo supportive every time I've had a question about Bailey and even when I was going through a really tough time with my cat getting diagnosed with cancer and passing away. I do plan on getting a malt when the time is right but until then, Bailey is my "honorary maltese".

CloudClan I'll Be There For You - "Emma"
Honorary Maltese - Bailey

Follow us on Facebook: The Adventures of Bailey & Emma
Bailey&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement