New puppy & no experience whatsoever !!!! - Page 14 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #131 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Kelly that is great advice and I often tell people to do that It does help.

For this Maltese puppy I'd do the same, but instead of always crating him when he is tired I'd do half crate half sling. This poor puppy has probably been in a cage all his life with very little physical contact. So a sling would be very therapeutic and bonding for him.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #132 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Oscar

LOL, the only time I had to use the sling was when I used to vacuum. He wouldn't let me vacuum otherwise! Slings are good when they are young! Wish I could put my GoldenDoodle in one but he would break my back.
Little Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #133 (permalink)

Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi

I would never known that taking care of a young puppy is lots of work although I am not complaining.We are crazy in love with him. Cutish is very smart, energetic and playful. He is doing great on the potty training.He stays in his crate without crying and barking. Maybe little barking in the beginning then goes to the sleep right away.We are taking out of his every other 2 hours and playing about 30 mins. lWe were worrying about his eating and some coughing during the night. We took him to the Vet today. He has a minor Upper respiratory congestion what the vet told us but thankfully his lungs are all clear and no other problems. The Vet put him on the antibiotics twice a day and check up next week. (The vet also said we need to feed him with the dry food instead of the wet food or human food . I was giving him some boiled chicken breast and the brown rice. By the way he is cheewing everthing and biting sometimes very bad. How long is going tontake to complete his teething ? I will put some pictures soon. Thanks for help.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #134 (permalink)

We also got an octagon shaped xpen for him. He tries to get out though
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #135 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Wow, this is really depressing. Some people just don't want to learn anything. That is why puppymills and heartless backyard breeders can go on. Listen, the government doesn't control, the dollar controls. You give your money to a puppy mill and you keep them going so that they can torture more helpless little angels. Make all the excuses you want...you are aiding and abetting evil, pure, heartless EVIL. Sleep on that.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #136 (permalink)

Angry

Wowwwwww!!!!!!!! You know what I am really sick and tired of some people are still talking the same things over and over and over like a broken record. I am not going to deal with anyone who talks off topic. Enough is enough !
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #137 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Thumbs down

Duplicate

Last edited by Ladysmom; 12-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #138 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I would never known that taking care of a young puppy is lots of work although I am not complaining.We are crazy in love with him. Cutish is very smart, energetic and playful. He is doing great on the potty training.He stays in his crate without crying and barking. Maybe little barking in the beginning then goes to the sleep right away.We are taking out of his every other 2 hours and playing about 30 mins. lWe were worrying about his eating and some coughing during the night. We took him to the Vet today. He has a minor Upper respiratory congestion what the vet told us but thankfully his lungs are all clear and no other problems. The Vet put him on the antibiotics twice a day and check up next week. (The vet also said we need to feed him with the dry food instead of the wet food or human food . I was giving him some boiled chicken breast and the brown rice. By the way he is cheewing everthing and biting sometimes very bad. How long is going tontake to complete his teething ? I will put some pictures soon. Thanks for help.
Pet shop/puppymill puppies usually come with an upper respiratory infection. The pet shop wants you to bring to puppy to their vets to save money, but if he isn't getting better please take him to another vet. In a puppy so young coming from puppymill conditions, it can easily become pneumonia.

Because Cutish was taken from his mom and littermates too soon and born in a puppy mill, he didn't learn bite inhibition. You will have to be very patient and try to teach him the socialization lessons he missed.

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_6/features/Bite-Inhibition_16232-1.html
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #139 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Wowwwwww!!!!!!!! You know what I am really sick and tired of some people are still talking the same things over and over and over like a broken record. I am not going to deal with anyone who talks off topic. Enough is enough !
Are you talking about my post? Well, hello it was my first comment. But if you enter a forum where people support reputable breeders or rescue and you throw in something else, what does your higher intelligence expect to hear? Your post has gotten a huge number of replies, more than most sensible posters get. If you don't like what you hear, if you don't want to hear it, then why have you come here? Why? You have every right to purchase a puppy from any source you choose. Why do you want to discuss it on a forum that has ethics that you don't uphold? Why? Never mind, I don't really care.
I just hope that if you do get a puppy, whatever your ethics are, you will care for and love that puppy with all your heart...then I will ask you to forgive any hurt feelings and be friends.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Pet shop/puppymill puppies usually come with an upper respiratory infection. The pet shop wants you to bring to puppy to their vets to save money, but if he isn't getting better please take him to another vet. In a puppy so young coming from puppymill conditions, it can easily become pneumonia.

Because Cutish was taken from his mom and littermates too soon and born in a puppy mill, he didn't learn bite inhibition. You will have to be very patient and try to teach him the socialization lessons he missed.

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_6/features/Bite-Inhibition_16232-1.html
This article is very good and I used a lot of these tips. If you are comfortable feeding a good quality wet food, then I would ignore your vet. Wet food is much easier to digest than dry food. It is not spoiling him I hope he feels better and I agree that he should see a vet that is in no way affiliated with the store.
lyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement