New puppy & no experience whatsoever !!!! - Page 15 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #141 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 31
Default

Well we already bought the puppy....

But since you have the superior intelligence maybe you can tell us what to do...

Should we take it back to the pet shop so it can die alone... Or maybe we can keep it and beat it every night to remind it that Sylie says its a bad little puppy mill monster.

Your thoughts on how to shut down the puppy mills really dont help people that have puppies and are trying to take care of them the best way they can
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Aristotle's Avatar
 
Name: Leah
Dog's Name: Ari
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Atlanta , Ga
Posts: 162
Default

This string has scared me to death! I am going to worry about Ari now since I adopted him from a breeder and although my friend has his brother and I know a puppy he has sired and they are both healthy I guess he was from a BYB. I'm not sure how you determine that.. While this has been informative it sure is frightening to think all of that could happen to him.

I wish your new puppy the best and hope he is healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Leah.. Mom of Ari
Aristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #143 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
eiksaa's Avatar
 
Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Well we already bought the puppy....

But since you have the superior intelligence maybe you can tell us what to do...

Should we take it back to the pet shop so it can die alone... Or maybe we can keep it and beat it every night to remind it that Sylie says its a bad little puppy mill monster.

Your thoughts on how to shut down the puppy mills really dont help people that have puppies and are trying to take care of them the best way they can
No, you don't get to do that. You did not have the puppy when people started posting info about mills. You went there and bought the puppy knowing everything. Just because you have possession of the puppy NOW does not mean you can play victim.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #144 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
S&LP'S Mommy's Avatar
 
Name: Mane
Dog's Name: Sasha (7/14/99) & Lola Pink (9/20/10)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 876
Default

I try to stay away from threads like this. But I would like to put my two cents in. Everyone that comes into a public forum should be aware that they are going to have to read things that they might not always agree with. I've been a member of this forum for almost two years now and it's been a blessing. Yes sometimes some realities come out sounding a bit harsh but I know for a fact that there coming from a good place. We have all experience first hand or know someone that has had a sad outcome after purchasing from a pet store/puppy mill. No one here is trying to blame anyone but as animal lovers we should all be informed and know where and who were helping when we purchase are little furbabies. Of course we make mistakes but were suppose to learn from them. When I was 12 I asked for a Maltese my mother who didn't know any better at the time bought me a puppy from a Miami kennel (Kennel which is now closed, Thankfully) Bibi my little "pure breed maltese" was actually a Mutt and had worms , pneumonia, fleas and a couple other things which I don't recall right now. I was heart broken for weeks because one day while I was at school my mother brought Bibi back to the store and I never saw her again; till this day I always wonder what was that poor little puppies destiny. A couple months later my mother was given a little Maltese puppy from a friend that breeded her dogs "BYB". Enter little Sasha in my life. Luckily 13 years later she is still in my life and healthy. But now that I know I am more educated about the breed I could note she was poorly bred but do I love her any less?? Of course not she is number one in my life. So as you see I have a dog from a BYB but I educated myself and when I decided I wanted another doggie. I sought advice and found a reputable breeder. My point is I've never been attacked on this site for having a dog from a BYB and don't think anyone should feel like they are being attack for walking in a pet store and falling in love with a puppy. But if after knowing everything these little animals go through at puppy mills then I would hope you would never give your money to one again. I just saw a documentary "Madonna of the mills" on HBO very informative.

This post by no means is meant to offend anyone. I hope I made that clear.
__________________







Last edited by S&LP'S Mommy; 12-05-2012 at 12:31 AM.
S&LP'S Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #145 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
This string has scared me to death! I am going to worry about Ari now since I adopted him from a breeder and although my friend has his brother and I know a puppy he has sired and they are both healthy I guess he was from a BYB. I'm not sure how you determine that.. While this has been informative it sure is frightening to think all of that could happen to him.

I wish your new puppy the best and hope he is healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Thank you for your sweet and wishful comment. The Vet we saw today was actually very nice and helpful. We also bought nutristat high calorie food supplements and vitamins. Cutish is not coughing continuously but we want to make sure he does not get worse in the future. We are also not taking him outside since he did not get all his vaccinations yet. The vet also said that many dogs can also get this string easily from pet grooming stores. I hope my little fluff gets better and no one ever experiences any bad diseases on their little ones.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #146 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
No, you don't get to do that. You did not have the puppy when people started posting info about mills. You went there and bought the puppy knowing everything. Just because you have possession of the puppy NOW does not mean you can play victim.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
I do NOT need to play victim but some of you need to play the advocates seemingly. I bought my puppy last wednesday but did bring him home this weekend. I am here to get some useful hints in order to take care about my puppy.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #147 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&LP'S Mommy View Post
I try to stay away from threads like this. But I would like to put my two cents in. Everyone that comes into a public forum should be aware that they are going to have to read things that they might not always agree with. I've been a member of this forum for almost two years now and it's been a blessing. Yes sometimes some realities come out sounding a bit harsh but I know for a fact that there coming from a good place. We have all experience first hand or know someone that has had a sad outcome after purchasing from a pet store/puppy mill. No one here is trying to blame anyone but as animal lovers we should all be informed and know where and who were helping when we purchase are little furbabies. Of course we make mistakes but were suppose to learn from them. When I was 12 I asked for a Maltese my mother who didn't know any better at the time bought me a puppy from a Miami kennel (Kennel which is now closed, Thankfully) Bibi my little "pure breed maltese" was actually a Mutt and had worms , pneumonia, fleas and a couple other things which I don't recall right now. I was heart broken for weeks because one day while I was at school my mother brought Bibi back to the store and I never saw her again; till this day I always wonder what was that poor little puppies destiny. A couple months later my mother was given a little Maltese puppy from a friend that breeded her dogs "BYB". Enter little Sasha in my life. Luckily 13 years later she is still in my life and healthy. But now that I know I am more educated about the breed I could note she was poorly bred but do I love her any less?? Of course not she is number one in my life. So as you see I have a dog from a BYB but I educated myself and when I decided I wanted another doggie. I sought advice and found a reputable breeder. My point is I've never been attacked on this site for having a dog from a BYB and don't think anyone should feel like they are being attack for walking in a pet store and falling in love with a puppy. But if after knowing everything these little animals go through at puppy mills then I would hope you would never give your money to one again. I just saw a documentary "Madonna of the mills" on HBO very informative.

This post by no means is meant to offend anyone. I hope I made that clear.

Thank you for your post. You are not offending anyone. I mentioned in my previous posts I bought my puppy from the pet store as a first time owner before involving in this forum. Luckily, I found this forum and learned a lot. In this stage, I am trying to do my best and give a great home to my little one. Unfortunately, some people just love criticizing which it does not help anyone right now.
I am really glad that Some people really helped a lot and gave very helpful hints.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #148 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Snuggle's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,229
Default

Although I did not want to "get into it" regarding this particular thread, I have to admit that I too was not aware of all of the pitfalls pertaining to getting a new puppy from a non-reputable Breeder. As a matter of fact, not one of them came from what would be described from a "reputable breeder". Did I love them less because of it??? No, they were loved just the same as anyone else who got a new Puppy. Should I be told I made a big mistake? Well, then I guess I made quite a few of them. So far, all of our Dogs were loved and very well cared for. There is really no guarantee with any animals no matter where they come from. Even those who have a well known establishment as far as being the most up and up can have puppies who might not be the healthiest or the best of that breed.

And yes, I have certainly learned quite a lot on this Forum and am most thankful for all of the knowledge that I have gained. Please remember, that there are so many people who are not aware of the things that we have all learned here on SM. Yes, everyone has their own opinions and wants to share them, but please try to keep in mind that when giving an opinion, to be tactful and diplomatic. Quite frankly, I would have been highly offended by some of the posts and am glad that the OP did decide to come back and share with SM what has been going on with her new Puppy. With that said, I want to wish Tulip the very best wishes with her new little Puppy and hope that she comes back and keeps us up to date with what is going on with him.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #149 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Maizy Moo's Mum's Avatar
 
Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 806
Default

I too am guilty of purchasing maizy from a byb as are many other members however thos was before i stumbled across this forum,i now feel so well educated and know what to do next time and thats rescue or buy from a reputable breeder. That said maizy is the light of my life and i love her so much. The important thing is to learn and educate others.

Now this is not a dig but when you approached this topic yes you had purchased your puppy but had not yet brought it home people are very passionaye rightly so and advised you to rethink your choice by providing you with advice about puppy mills so you did have a choice what to do with such information so i do understand why people would be frustrated. However you arent the firsy and im sure wont be the last so its important to learn from this and educate others
__________________
Maizy Moo's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #150 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Name: Tulin
Dog's Name: Cutish Papi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 31
Heart

Hello everyone,

Wish you all and your loved ones have Happy Holidays and a great New Year.



Cutish Papi is doing great.
Attached Thumbnails
New puppy & no experience whatsoever !!!!-img_2165.jpg  
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum