Dragonfly just dropping in. <3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dragonfly
Dog's Name: Fergie
Default Dragonfly just dropping in. <3

Hey all you Maltese dog lovers! I just happened to stumble in on this site (I won't admit how.... Okay fine, I searched "shaved maltese" images and one thing led to another.) and I think this place looks pretty neat.

Now before you all chase me out with pitchforks, yes people, I DO have a Maltese (technically she is my little sister's, but since I hold her half the day and brush and and bath her and..ect, you get the idea.)

I also have a handful of German Shepherds and Labrador Wolfdogs (which is a PURE [canadian] breed as old as German Shepherds themselves, just in case you're wondering. Oh ya! And a cute little chihuahua named Tito, he's lots of fun. <3

I am a dog enthusiast out in the sticks with very little access to the outside world, but that doesn't stop from getting as involved as I can with everything that comes with my canine buddies!
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Hey all you Maltese dog lovers! I just happened to stumble in on this site (I won't admit how.... Okay fine, I searched "shaved maltese" images and one thing led to another.) and I think this place looks pretty neat.

Now before you all chase me out with pitchforks, yes people, I DO have a Maltese (technically she is my little sister's, but since I hold her half the day and brush and and bath her and..ect, you get the idea.)

I also have a handful of German Shepherds and Labrador Wolfdogs (which is a PURE [canadian] breed as old as German Shepherds themselves, just in case you're wondering. Oh ya! And a cute little chihuahua named Tito, he's lots of fun. <3

I am a dog enthusiast out in the sticks with very little access to the outside world, but that doesn't stop from getting as involved as I can with everything that comes with my canine buddies!
Welcome glad to have you join us

Now, I'm curious, (also being a wolf lover) are those Labrador Wolves or are they wolf dogs? Is a wolf dog considered a pure breed up there with its own official registry and dog shows?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Dragonfly
Dog's Name: Fergie

They are technically called a "Labrador Husky" but I've learned that the name only confuses people who think my dogs are siberian husky x labrador retriever mixes.

You can read about them on wiki Labrador Husky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are really great dogs and can act a lot like german shepherds (MUCH more stubborn tho, LOL!) but they are soo beautiful. We like to run the sheps and wolfs together because they improve each others personality.

Labrador Wolfdogs aren't recognized by any kennel clubs that I know of but they SHOULD be. They are as old and as pure as any German Shepherd.
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

Welcome! SM is a great forum. I've learned so much here. We would love to see pictures of all of your pups.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Welcome! I'd love to see pictures of them too!

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Katkoota
Dog's Name: Snowy & Crystal
Send a message via Yahoo to Katkoota

Welcome to the world of maltese

I would love to meet all your babies in pictures

Snowy & Crystal R in Youtube. Click here for their videos
Skittles & Thalj the lovebirds
the family's pink boy, Dante.
Katkoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I don't think anyone would chase you out as we welcome people that want to learn about the breed and where to buy or adopt/rescue.
What kind of interaction do you allow your Maltese with the big dogs as I have some concerns.