Does anybody have experience with these 2 breeders... - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Adriane Stoller of Mon' Esta Maltese in Phoenix, AZ invited me to see the puppy in her home. The pup's father is not there but the mother, grandmother, and great grandmother are!
PetChalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
Hi and welcome to SM. I don't know anything about either one of those breeders but both of those puppies are gorgeous!! Please keep us posted!
Hi Zoe's Mom 88, I see you're based in NY. Do you recommend any good breeders in the state?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

We have quite a few members who have Maltese from Dian/Midis. I would pm them for more information:

Midis maltese
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I have never heard of Mon'Esta's maltese, but Tonia of Rhapsody did show a girl and got her to her championship, CH Mon'Esta's Glory Daze. I have no experience with either breeder, but i would pm those that have maltese from either of these breeders and find out what their experience was.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Okay, I looked back at old posts. It seems Stacy has a dog from there, so I humbly apologize for speaking before I knew all the facts. Stacy knows her stuff for sure. I should have done more research before I opened my mouth.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Okay, I looked back at old posts. It seems Stacy has a dog from there, so I humbly apologize for speaking before I knew all the facts. Stacy knows her stuff for sure. I should have done more research before I opened my mouth.
You were honest about your knee-jerk reaction, which I appreciate. Oy, I had no idea this would be so hard! I've been to several pet stores only to see sad, albeit ADORABLE, malt puppies and I know too much about puppy mills to turn the other cheek and buy one through them. I know I want to get a boy from a breeder but this is harder than finding an apartment in Manhattan.

Last edited by PetChalet; 12-15-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

My male, Preston, is from Dian at Midis. I had a nice experience with Dian and love Preston to death. My female is from an awful breeder (I thought she was good at the time but that was before I learned about buying from a reputable show breeder) and so after that horrible experience, I wanted to get my male from someone who would be honest and patient with me. I must have asked her a million questions and she was very patient.

There are many wonderful breeders out there to choose from and it's hard to pick! I also had a great experience speaking with Jeanne at Spunsilk Maltese. She didn't have a larger sized boy (which was what I was after because London is on the bigger end) but I would feel comfortable dealing with her in the future.

If you haven't already, check the AMA breeder listings. Not all of the reputable breeders are listed, but it is a good place to start. I haven't heard of the other breeder you mentioned so I can't help you on that.

I love having males -- I previously had a male who was just as amazing as Preston. I will never again own a female. London is very challenging, and my husband and I previously had a female Beagle that we ended up finding a better home for (with other Beagles) because we couldn't seem to handle her. She would growl at me and even bit my face...we tried a trainer but I emotionally just couldn't do it anymore. She is still doing well in her new home (this was several years ago). So, London will be our last female. We love her very much but she is such a trouble maker!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Adriane Stoller of Mon'Esta Maltese is on the AMA Breeder list.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carina
Dog's Name: Cadeau, Cadie, Cacia, CherryB, Cherish & Charm (Cloud, Clancy, Clouseau, Cameo & Calypso @ bridge)
Send a message via AIM to CloudClan Send a message via Yahoo to CloudClan

Yes, Adriane of Mon' Esta is a well known and well loved member of the AMA. I do not know her personally, but I have only heard good things about her. She has several champions to her credit. She has beautiful dogs in her lines. I think it is great that you have the opportunity to go out to her home and to meet her dogs.

There are a number of great breeders in California. I got my own Cadie from Sheila Riley of MaltAngel Maltese. I am also proud to be friends with Stacy and Marina of Bellarata Maltese. There are several others out there that are worthy of a look as well since that is your region.

CloudClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Love Dian and you can't go wrong with a Midis puppy.