Does anybody have experience with these 2 breeders... - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anybody have experience with these 2 breeders...

Hello! I am new to the site and have enjoyed reading your posts. I am finally getting a maltese puppy and am choosing between two breeders. Does anybody have any fluffs from Mon Esta's Maltese or MiDis Maltese? I appreciate your input!
PetChalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Since I got my Malt, I have come to know many...possibly most of the reputable breeders of Maltese dogs. I have never hear of either of these. That doesn't mean they are not good breeders, only that they are not well known. Do they have web-sites that you can direct us to? I, as many of us are, able to get a good feeling about breeders.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi Sylie, thanks for your response. This is the MiDis Maltese website: HOME OF MALTESE CHAMPIONS

Adriane Stoller of Mon Esta does not have a website but I spoke with her on the phone for an hour and she seemed very knowledgeable-- she said she's been showing for 40 years. She is not willing to ship the puppy but Dian from MiDis Maltese is willing to do it for $300.

I am also torn between the sex. I am inclined to get a boy but the girl is just adorable.

The first picture is the girl, the second picture is the boy (I don't know why the picture is upside down). Both are around 12 weeks old.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anybody have experience with these 2 breeders...-image.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by PetChalet; 12-14-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for advise on getting a new puppy and also for any advise you may want afterwards too. I didn't find this site until after I got my puppy and I also don't know anything about the breeders you asked about. But I can tell you something about my own feelings. I would never buy a puppy through anyone I don't know without going and seeing the puppy and where it comes from first. Also, my own feelings on having a young puppy shipped all by itself is stressful for the puppy. I feel that if a groomer thinks it's too stressful for the puppy to be there for over an hour, then I'm not going to put one on a plane. My groomer will set up a time for me to bring Leila in, has her done in 30 minutes or less, then calls me to pick her up. I shop or something nearby while waiting. Good luck on finding your puppy! They are both adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Let me clarify that the puppy would fly in cabin with a courier, not in cargo. Adriane Stoller of Mon Esta Maltese was recommended by Mary Ann from Avante Maltese http://www.avantemaltese.com/, if anybody is familiar with that breeder. I am also open to other reputable breeders.

Last edited by PetChalet; 12-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetChalet View Post
Let me clarify that the puppy would fly in cabin with a courier, not in cargo. I am also open to other reputable breeders!

Honestly I can not tell you why, exactly....but i would not go there. It is really hard for someone who hasn't experienced the world of show-breeders. I can only give you my gut response, which is tuned into my knowledgeable response... I would advise you to keep looking. Even if, your further investigation makes you more comfortable in choosing this breeder. Nobody knows everything. Continue exploring breeders and then if you feel good about this one...and give some time for our bereaved members to offer input.

I can just say, I wouldn't go there...I'd keep looking.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

I'm no help,I'm a hopeless supporter of adopting from rescue. Puppies can be found through rescue.....

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Honestly I can not tell you why, exactly....but i would not go there. It is really hard for someone who hasn't experienced the world of show-breeders. I can only give you my gut response, which is tuned into my knowledgeable response... I would advise you to keep looking. Even if, your further investigation makes you more comfortable in choosing this breeder. Nobody knows everything. Continue exploring breeders and then if you feel good about this one...and give some time for our bereaved members to offer input.

I can just say, I wouldn't go there...I'd keep looking.
If you look back at OLD SM posts, there are a lot of posts about MiDis maltese and Mon Esta-- that's actually how I found them. But gut reactions are strong. I am based in California and New York so I can explore breeders from both states and beyond if it is an exceptional breeder.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

I'd check the Breeders forum... Pretty certain someone will know of a great breeder in CA or NY

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Hi and welcome to SM. I don't know anything about either one of those breeders but both of those puppies are gorgeous!! Please keep us posted!