Hi from Maltese cross Silky Terrier, Aoife - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kristine
Dog's Name: Aoife.
Default Hi from Maltese cross Silky Terrier, Aoife

Been a member here for a little while but could never get a picture of my little girl in focus mainly due to her constantly on the move. Finally able to introduce her and say hello. From a byb, Mum is Maltese and Dad was Silky terrier or so mums owner told us- we never saw dad and can't really see a lot of him in her at the moment.

I wanted a Silky terrier, my husband wanted a small dog and my kids wanted a white dog. When we got serious and started looking into buying a puppy, she was the first one we saw and she also shared her birthday with our youngest daughter who passed away 4 yrs ago. I think she was meant to be with us.

Her coat is relatively long and I found that she had many more tangles when it was shorter (about an inch to inch and a half) was wondering if this is normal for either breed or is it just particular to her hair type. Also can anyone tell me if its best to tie the topknot up every day and take it out at night? What do you do with this? I hate it when her hair starts to get tangled which it does whenever it's tied up overnight or if she wears any clothes.

Attached Thumbnails
Hi from Maltese cross Silky Terrier,  Aoife-image.jpg  
Krismc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Hi and welcome to SM!! Your little one is adorable! I leave my fluffs topknot in at night, but comb and re do it every morning when I wash their faces and comb them out! So glad that you joined and looking forward to seeing more pics!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Hi & welcome!!

Aoife is my sister's name
Lovely Irish name

I always change the topknot every morning, but I usually leave it in over night.

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Your little fluff is adorable and I like Deb leave the Topknot in during the night and then Chrissy gets a new one the next day.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Kristine
Dog's Name: Aoife.

Thanks everyone and yes, Aoife is our wee Irish girl - means "brilliant" I think . I might be doing something wrong with the top knot then. I find that her hair gets in a terrible knot and sticks to the band if I leave it in too long, so bad that I cut the tie out rather than pull her hair. Maybe it's the hair ties themselves? What type of tie or where do people on here buy them?
Krismc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement