Newbie that needs assistance ASAP - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Oh sigh. Quick give us his e-mail address and we will bombard him.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Maxwell, and Henry, (and Buddy and Bunnie too), Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

Can you just march right up to him and find out what is going on?
It isn't fair to leave you wondering...
At least if something is going on you will know.

Daisy and Max and Henry
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

I think the direct approach is the best idea here. Just go ask him, face to face, as soon as the opportunity presents.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #34 (permalink)

Email address? Don't tempt me

And as far as approaching him part....hmmmm

Let me say this and please don't take it wrong or be offended...but I feel as if I've done what is expected of me in this situation. I advised him I would inform him Monday of my decision. I did that.

Devil's Advocate - He may not have seen my email. I'll give him that first benefit of the doubt. He has also been preparing the budget for our Board meeting today. Second benefit of the doubt.

However, I did my due diligence since he said he would be in on Monday, and then didn't come in.

I feel that since it's his dog, and he asked me to take the dog, I should not track down, pursue or harass him. He's the one needing my help, not the other way around.

I feel if I send an email or go to his office, he will feel some sort of way, i.e., uncomfortable.

Who knows why he hasn't responded - did he change his mind...does he not want me to contact whomever he brought the puppy through...there is a litany of reasons for his silence....and I will give him until the end of the week since I'm busy with meetings the rest of the week and developing policies and procedures.

However, if I hear nothing from him by EOB on Friday when I leave, I am no longer interested.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it's frustrating and I thank God I haven't purchased anything, although I've been saving things in my Amazon cart
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Maybe this all happened just to get you on the road to finding your true love poochie?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdizzydolores View Post
Email address? Don't tempt me

And as far as approaching him part....hmmmm

Let me say this and please don't take it wrong or be offended...but I feel as if I've done what is expected of me in this situation. I advised him I would inform him Monday of my decision. I did that.

Devil's Advocate - He may not have seen my email. I'll give him that first benefit of the doubt. He has also been preparing the budget for our Board meeting today. Second benefit of the doubt.

However, I did my due diligence since he said he would be in on Monday, and then didn't come in.

I feel that since it's his dog, and he asked me to take the dog, I should not track down, pursue or harass him. He's the one needing my help, not the other way around.

I feel if I send an email or go to his office, he will feel some sort of way, i.e., uncomfortable.

Who knows why he hasn't responded - did he change his mind...does he not want me to contact whomever he brought the puppy through...there is a litany of reasons for his silence....and I will give him until the end of the week since I'm busy with meetings the rest of the week and developing policies and procedures.

However, if I hear nothing from him by EOB on Friday when I leave, I am no longer interested.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it's frustrating and I thank God I haven't purchased anything, although I've been saving things in my Amazon cart
I think this is a wise way to handle the situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
I think this is a wise way to handle the situation.
Thank you.

I hope my response didn't come across as rude. I'm so frustrated about this because I was so excited.

I'm not sure if he's in today (he works from home a number of days each week) so I will see what happens.

I just want to thank you all for your help and please forgive me if my response sounded rude and that I wasn't taking your advice about going to him and asking him point blank. I just feel I shouldn't, even though I want to.

*sighs*

If I hear anything today, I will let you know.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Thank you.

I hope my response didn't come across as rude. I'm so frustrated about this because I was so excited.

I'm not sure if he's in today (he works from home a number of days each week) so I will see what happens.

I just want to thank you all for your help and please forgive me if my response sounded rude and that I wasn't taking your advice about going to him and asking him point blank. I just feel I shouldn't, even though I want to.

*sighs*

If I hear anything today, I will let you know.
It didn't sound rude at all to me. Some of the suggestions you got like bombarding him with emails and marching into his office demanding answers would have been pretty rude, though.

If it's meant to be it will work out. If it doesn't, you probably dodged a bullet if this puppy is from a puppy mill.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Oh, I hope you hear something soon! I would take the puppy if it were me. Even if he's changed his mind about this one, would you be thinking about finding another one? They are wonderful little babies!

As for allergies, one thing to consider is that it may not be the puppy but something it has picked up on its hair when going outside. When I had a yorkie, he didn't bother my allergies except for when we had spent some time outside certain times of the year. Then I figured out it wasn't actually him that messed with my allergies, but outdoor pollens.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #40 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Niko

Quote:

So if you dont get the puppy from your coworker your not getting one at all??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread