Daddys Little Girl. - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Aw, what a wonderful fur-family you have! And they are very lucky to have you!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Welcome to SM. My husband also was a big dog fan. He's an outdoorsy type. Absolutely did not want a little white dog. When I brought Lily home, he called her a white rat. Now 3 malt's later, guess who's wrapped around little white paws? Yours are cutie pies.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

What a beuatiful family.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladodd View Post
Welcome to SM. My husband also was a big dog fan. He's an outdoorsy type. Absolutely did not want a little white dog. When I brought Lily home, he called her a white rat. Now 3 malt's later, guess who's wrapped around little white paws? Yours are cutie pies.

haha like I said...Malts win everyone over eventually. Great charisma!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Marly
Dog's Name: Zoe

Your story made me smile! Most of my male friends are also big "tough" guys, but around Zoe it's all baby talk and a soft side I rarely see. It's just something about these dogs...

Welcome!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Welcome! Your little fluff family is adorable. Thank you for sharing your story! We hope you will stick around. There is a lot of good info and great friendship and support here.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
You know how to tell a story! I felt like I was feeling the emotions with you. My husband is also a big guy, UFC fight fan, and with our baby boy Dominic which is only 5 1/2 months old, he is the sweetest dad ever. He is talking about getting Dom a sister later on this year as well as he believes that would be great for our boy. My favorite thing is when he holds Dom on his arms when we go out all proud to have such a tiny dog, just like you. Attachment 107233

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
This Picture Is So Adorable-I Love It-Nickee& Yogi in PA
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi
Default Great Story*

Oh My, I LOVE THAT STORY.
And Your Babies are so adorable.
Welcome From Me& Yogi!

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Fiona

Beautiful story and family!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Toni
Dog's Name: Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
First off "Awesome Forums'!!!

Hey All!

I would like to introduce our little girl "Kali'. She is 2.5 years old Maltese and has a daughter 'Bella'. Who the dad 'Kaos' is a Toy Poodle and in turn Bella is a Maltipoo.

Kali far right

A bit of history...6 years ago my girlfriend and I got our first kid 'Kaos'. The toy poodle was an awesome pick for a breed and our lifestyle. Extremely intelligent and kind. But after a couple years we realized that his social skills with other dogs lacked and decided to get another toy breed. After research, my girfriend really wanted a Maltese. At first I wasn't so keen on the idea, since I read and heard stories about Maltese behavior...our concerns were with neighbor's and family children. Nipping, barking etc.. Well rest assured, we understood that a family pet is usually a product of the environment where dog owners just have to recognize behavior traits and work with accordingly. Well our Maltese turned out to be an angel!

Soon as Kali reached a year old, we realized that our toy poodle was not the social type and valued solitude amongst other dogs, where the Maltese craved it. That is when we decided to mate the two before we got both dogs fixed. Another great decision! After 2 cycles, we let the dogs go at it lol. Next thing we know we had 4 Maltipoos to look after. No worries, 3 went to friends and loving homes. And we kept Bella the petite of the bunch. Bella has turned out to be exactly what Kali needed. The mother/daughter bond is still very strong to do this day. Always playing and beside each other...while Kaos pretends he never had kids:P But serious, the pack balance is complete and all dogs are very happy.

Now for my relationship with Kali. Well lets just say, she became my best companion and 'Daddy's Girl'. Got to pciture this...I am sort of a rough around the edges biker type. But my girl turns me into a 'softy' every time I am home from out of town work. She never wants to leave my side and even at nights she has to have her spot against me while sleeping. I adore her tremendously! After we throw her hair up in a bow she runs to the mirror and looks at herself..I get a good chuckle at it every time. She can be a bit bossy once in awhile, but listens fast when corrected..including the 'quick draw' barking. Btw the noise maker she hates and is awesome and humane for anyone how has barking issues with theirs. I just have to pretend its in my hand...and in a low and calm voice I just have to say 'quiet' and she stops and looks for approval.

Kali also was and still is a wonderful mom, very attentive & caring towards her pups. To this day she still cleans her daughter regularly. I guess that bond fulfills her needs and completes her. While Bella lapses it up and loves being spoiled. Even momma lets her get away with murder.

In respect to our initial concerns with children, Kali does great with them. Initially she will put up a big stink when she is greeted by them. But right away we tell the children to stand firm and do not run away from her. Kali intentions is to exert dominance and even goes as far as herding them by grabbing onto the pant leg to drag them were she wants them. But never bites to harm. Once children understand how to behave around Kali, they always end up liking Kali the most out of the 3 dogs. Considering the other two are 'happy go lucky' and loves humans. Kali also hates it when we are in seperate rooms...she can never relax %100 until we are. Maltese are definitely a strong pack animal!

Kali definitely has some charisma to her. Always wins everyone over at the end.

Anyways, I grew up with large dogs on a ranch...I never thought that one day the toy breeds would win me over as they have in the past 6 years. I would never trade any of ours in....especially my lil girl Kali!

Cheers.

Sweet story! We also have a Bella and my husband (6' 4 260 lbs) is wrapped around her little paw I was wondering what kind of noise maker you are using to curb the barking. We are in the process of trying to do this ourselves. Right now the only thing that is working is closing the door once she starts barking but we love to have our door open

Toni Wilson
Willow Springs, NC
ToniLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement