Back for the ... well let's just say I've been here a lot. - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelby
Dog's Name: Alice Ana
Default Back for the ... well let's just say I've been here a lot.

So I'm back again. Many of you may not know me, probably most of you by now. I originally came here around early 2010 I believe. I was waiting to get my hands on my little Alice Ana! If you know me, can you believe she is almost 3 years old now!? On March 10, she will be in Austin, Texas with me celebrating her 3rd birthday. Wow. I remember that dreadful wait... She was so worth it though

Anyways, I just wanted to reintroduce myself. I am Shelby, a second semester freshman at Indiana State University. The reason I bring that up is because... well, I'm without Alice. I go back home to Illinois almost every weekend to see her. It has been a really rough experience, but it will be over soon. I am transferring to IUPUI in Indianapolis soon, where my boyfriend (oh yeah, you guys don't know about him yet!) Brandon and I will get ourselves a place. He has a Min Pin named Prima I'm so incredibly excited.

To sum up this little post, I'm glad to be back! I'll post a couple pictures of Alice, Prima, and Brandon and I just so you know what we all look like.

Brandon and me!

Wittle Prima

Prima again, what a doll <3

Prima one last time

I've never actually met Prima in person yet! I can't wait until I do, I love her already.

NOW: Alice Ana, the Maltese :P

Alice Sleeping

Alice after the vet.. she wasn't too happy!

Alice, Alice, Alice with my dad fishing

Well there you have it, I'm excited to be back. I'll try to keep up with it - but I can't make too many promises So far this second semester has gone a lot smoother, giving me time to blog or get on here in the couple hours between classes. I also am trying to write more in general, so hopefully I can become a help on here as well!

Alice Ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Welcome back! Your baby is adorable and Prima is also such a cutie!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Welcome back. Alice is so cute. I bet you miss her all week and I am sure when you get home she lets you know how much she has missed you too!!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Welcome back!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks everyone oh she shows me she misses me alright! I get kisses and she gets very hyper it won't be long until she's with me forever!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Oh my, that Prima looks as if he (she??) could take off and fly with those ears! So cute! And your little Malt fluff is adorable! I'll bet she misses you too.

I have twin daughters who are also 2nd semester freshman away at college. I just finished a half-hour texting session with them. It would be a lot easier for me if they'd just phone! My daughters really miss their doggies too and I remember that being hard for me many decades ago when I went off to college. It is hard to leave them behind. And first semester freshman year is always the hardest, though remember, when you transfer you get to do "first semester" all over again. But this time you'll know what to expect so it should go more smoothly for you.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie & Lisa "Left Eye"

I think I missed my family's Yorkie the most when I was away at college! Hooray for another Illinois member!!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Hello from Pa. Your Baby Is A Doll. It will be nice for her to have a cute little playmate like prima,who also is just adorable.
Welcome Back,Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

Hi Shelby, holy cow...has it really been three years already??!!!

It's like you've turned from a kid into a beautiful young woman over night! That makes me feel old!!

Looks like you will have a nice little family, hope the two pups get along and that life is good

Anna is adorable and all grown up...are you sure it's been 3 years??? Where does the time go?

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
Oh my, that Prima looks as if he (she??) could take off and fly with those ears! So cute! And your little Malt fluff is adorable! I'll bet she misses you too.

I have twin daughters who are also 2nd semester freshman away at college. I just finished a half-hour texting session with them. It would be a lot easier for me if they'd just phone! My daughters really miss their doggies too and I remember that being hard for me many decades ago when I went off to college. It is hard to leave them behind. And first semester freshman year is always the hardest, though remember, when you transfer you get to do "first semester" all over again. But this time you'll know what to expect so it should go more smoothly for you.
Oh I know, it's so rough! And Prima's ears are so adorable, i can't wait to see her Are your daughters going to the same college? I can't imagine having to pay double Thankfully, I will be transferring to a college where I no longer have to live on campus! It was an interesting experience dorming and all... but I will never do it again. I love my roommate (we both had weirdos beforehand- but that always seems to happen, huh?), but I'm very introverted, thankfully Brandon is too at times, and college life really isn't my "thing" as far as people are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkieYorkie View Post
I think I missed my family's Yorkie the most when I was away at college! Hooray for another Illinois member!!
As I mentioned in my last reply, I like to be away from people a lot, but I could spend all day with dogs - which is definitely why it's so hard!! I know probably everyone on here could understand just how I feel..

On the other hand, YAY Illinois... I mean... what Haha, I live by Champaign, IL (on the weekends, of course...), do you know where that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
Hello from Pa. Your Baby Is A Doll. It will be nice for her to have a cute little playmate like prima,who also is just adorable.
Welcome Back,Nickee In Pa*

Thanks! I have a feeling either Prima and Alice will love each other a ton, or they're just going to be little divas (oh yes, they are both spoiled little princesses!) and completely ignore each other It'll be nice to have them there anyways.

P.S. I love PA! My father is from there and we visit every now and then. It's nice to have some mountains/hills around.. Illinois and Indiana have some pretty bare scenery... CORN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
Hi Shelby, holy cow...has it really been three years already??!!!

It's like you've turned from a kid into a beautiful young woman over night! That makes me feel old!!

Looks like you will have a nice little family, hope the two pups get along and that life is good

Anna is adorable and all grown up...are you sure it's been 3 years??? Where does the time go?

Oh I could never forget about The A Team! I remember always wanting Alice's hair to be as nice as your little fluffs! That hasn't worked out so well for me yet

Don't feel old! It's only been three years.... It's hard for me to believe as well. There's been some really rough patches, but I don't think I would change these years for anything.

I can't wait to see everyone's little fluffers again there's really nothing quite like looking through the photo gallery on here haha

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes back - it feels really nice to be accepted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement