Hi! What should I bring :) - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hi! What should I bring :)

Hi SM lovers, I'm new here I have posted before in another forum so some may remember me. Anyway, the plan is this Saturday we are supposed to see the three year old malt baby girl from a wonderful AMA listed breeder. What should I bring for the trip home is she comes home with me? It's probably no more than an hours drive. I'm going to bring a sweater that I bought her today as she has been clipped short and it's pretty darn cold. What kind of questions should I ask the breeder? Thanks so much!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Maltese2bemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

You must be so excited to pick up your furbaby. I think since the ride isn't that long you shouldn't need much for her.

I would certainly ask the breeder what she has been feeding her, is she up to date on shots, etc. Hopefully, she will be able to be reached afterwards if you have any questions.

Please keep us posted and take pics!!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
You must be so excited to pick up your furbaby. I think since the ride isn't that long you shouldn't need much for her.

I would certainly ask the breeder what she has been feeding her, is she up to date on shots, etc. Hopefully, she will be able to be reached afterwards if you have any questions.

Please keep us posted and take pics!!
Thank you so much for responding. I'm beyond excited I want her to be happy and I hope she and I click I want to take her to Petsmart for a collar and leash so she can try them on and we can see what looks good. Anyway, I will definitely ask the breeder about the food and shots. Thank you I also plan on taking lots of pics of her and posting them for all of you SM lovers I love looking at pics of the malt babies

Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I know how you feel!! It's exciting bringing home your new fluff. You'll want a harness not a collar for your puppy, as a collar can lead to a collapsed trachea. I would bring a carrier for the ride as it's safer than the dog being on your lap. Find out what food and then transition slowly if you want to change the brand. Good luck and will be looking forward to pictures!!

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I am sure you will click.....it will take time for you both to adjust but once that happens she will have your heart. I got Zoe when she was 6 months old but she settled in immediately, who wouldn't sleeping in a king size bed as opposed to a crate.....lol. That is a good idea to take her with you to buy the leash and collar. What is her name?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

My other question is: How much should a three year old female pet Maltese be from an AMA breeder? I want to make sure I'm paying the right amount and not over paying.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
I know how you feel!! It's exciting bringing home your new fluff. You'll want a harness not a collar for your puppy, as a collar can lead to a collapsed trachea. I would bring a carrier for the ride as it's safer than the dog being on your lap. Find out what food and then transition slowly if you want to change the brand. Good luck and will be looking forward to pictures!!
Thank you for the harness suggestion. I didn't know that. She is three years old is that something that I still need to be careful about? Bringing a crate is a grey idea as well. Thank you

Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I am sure you will click.....it will take time for you both to adjust but once that happens she will have your heart. I got Zoe when she was 6 months old but she settled in immediately, who wouldn't sleeping in a king size bed as opposed to a crate.....lol. That is a good idea to take her with you to buy the leash and collar. What is her name?
Her name is Sage. I think I would like to change it to Abby spelled Abbi. Do you happen to know what an appropriate price for a three year old female pet Maltese from an AMA listed breeder is? I get nervous that I'm paying to much for a three year old. Lol...

Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese2bemommy View Post
My other question is: How much should a three year old female pet Maltese be from an AMA breeder? I want to make sure I'm paying the right amount and not over paying.

Not sure what they cost at that age. But generally females from reputable breeders are over $2000.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what they cost at that age. But generally females from reputable breeders are over $2000.
Yea, that's the price for her pups.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement