Hello Fellow Maltese Lovers - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hello Fellow Maltese Lovers

My name is Stephanie and I am the "mother" to Lola 16, and Sacha, 3. If i can figure out how to post photos of them i will.

A majority of photos in my Iphone are of them!! My husband and I love these little hounds a ton.

There's been a supplier issue in NYC with their regular venison chow for about ten days now which could last another two weeks. I have tried six different dog chows - organic, venison based, etc etc. Boy these two are finicky - lol! As fellow maltese owners you are familiar with this scenario i am sure!

i have spent hours researching new dog foods and figuring out ways to doctor it up so they eat it. chopping up bits of bacon, bits of parmesan cheese, their favorite carrots, organic beef broth......ha! One night i had three different bowls of chow down for them. They eat a little bit and then walk away. Even have organic venison burgers in the freezer which i thaw, cook, chop and mix with some rice and carrot....... ha!

They are fine - running around like usual because ive been giving them a little more than usual in snack department - their dessicated beef liver, some bacon, carrots, a little bit of apple, greenies... .....

I'm currently waiting on delivery of RABBIT chow from the same manufacturer of the venison chow. Praying they like it.

Lola cannot eat any poultry and its too tough to feed one something and not the other...besides they cross over bowls.

Keeping my fingers crossed......
LolaSacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Sissy

Welcome to SM! They do sound finicky! I feed my two dehydrated The Honest Kitchen turkey. They really y like it. I boil chicken thighs and put about a teaspoon of shredded chicken as a topper. They are very satisfied.

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

It sounds like your babies eat better than I do!
My own feeling is that unless there is a physical problem most pups will eat when they are hungry. If they don't eat what you give them, pick it up after 10-15 min. & don't give them anything until the next meal. No, they won't starve---just be sure they have water. I think, in all honesty, they may be playing w/you a bit.

Welcome to SM!

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jane and addison
Dog's Name: tinkerbelle and Petey

Welcome to SM.
jane and addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

Welcome!
Looking forward to many pics of your babies!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SANDY
Dog's Name: 'BABY', & REMEMBERING 'KAR' WHO IS WAITING FOR ME AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Yours are picky like my boy is! My boy turned his back on most foods until I started feeding him Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw for dogs & Primal freeze dried raw food for dogs. He never refuses to eat anymore. I grew up with Golden Retrievers and they tend to eat anything & everything all of the time! Baby is my first Maltese & a dog who refuses food was a whole new thing to me when I got him 4 years ago! I had never before encountered such a phenomenon lol!

Last edited by LOVE_BABY; 03-21-2017 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Type-O
LOVE_BABY is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement