So many questions...Princess Sassy Pants & Co. - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysmom View Post
Like I said said "coincidence, maybe". As far as I know, they were being fed and rotating for the years prior. These people are extremely knowledgeable. I understand you love the brand because you sold it but it does not work for everyone. I for one thought it was the best until 2 of my 3 dogs got sick while feeding it to them, so yes, I'm overly hesitatant to refer someone to this brand.
I understand IBD very well. I've spent countless hours researching a cure for Lacie who had been on S&C. She also suffers with severe IBD, a very complicated case having both upper and lower IBD. What I do know is this. What works for one, doesn't work for another. Diet alone doesn't work for all, diet alone can not cure all, especially the complicated ones or those suffering with SIBO, PLE, EPI that can be secondary to IBD. Sometimes a dog needs to resort to meds, it's life or death. There are other drugs that work strictly in the gut with less side effects than metronidazole and prednisone. Fecal transplant is what helped my girl most. Ozone therapy another.
So, I'll stand by what I believe most, 'if you do not know that your dog doesn't have an underlying GI condition, then I would not recommend S&C".
I think you misunderstood me. I never once said diet alone will cure true IBS or IBD. It certainly wasn't a simple dietary change that worked for Jett. It was many things working together for a period of time before I even dared try to get him off the chicken and rice he was on. The key is to heal the digestive tract and many things traditional medicine use only mask or treat the symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
I personally would not use any kind of correction collar, including vibrating, on a small dog. These are negative reinforcement collars and often sensitize the pup to the actual collar rather than stopping the barking. You would be better served by having a qualified trainer help you teach bark and stop on command - there is a time and place for barking, and your dog should be able to go silent on command.
And thank you for getting us back to the original post! Princess Sassy Pants isn't dealing with an IBD or IBS puppy so it's good to get back to original questions and issues.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: David Widmar
Dog's Name: Jack

Great work! your pictures are awesome!!
Davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement