How to breeders keep face so white??????? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hello to everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING for Canadian members,

So it has been about 2 weeks now iam batling with red stains i have read so much about!!!! and do not know what to do , i bought the spa lavish blueberry scrub works great for about 1 hour then they are back , i do not know why Luna started with this? but i have read almost everyone goes through this so I look at breeders dogs and say darn how do they keep there dogs faces sooo white????????? I am feeding Luna eukanaba small breed tried going on evo with no sucess everytime we would get to half and half runny poo so i left on what the breeder had her she seems to also like it much better , so what is the trick to white faces ????? I do not want to try antibiotics, just natural remedies....

Anna
aksm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

In a pup her age it is most commonly from teething. Just keep up with cleaning and see if it stops when she finishes teething.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)

Just keep her face clean and dry as possible......That will help and if she is teething, it too shall pass. You don't want to use antibiotics if she is real young. Good luck!!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you guys ,

just love this sight always getbquick responses ,she is 6 1/2 months ol so I gues still teething I also today discovered putiing cornstarch under eye area after wash and dry to keep eye area dry its worked for the day her eyes are much drier !!!!!

luv

anna
aksm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

QUOTE (aksm45 @ Oct 12 2009, 01:12 PM)
Quote:
I am feeding Luna eukanaba small breed tried going on evo with no sucess everytime we would get to half and half runny poo so i left on what the breeder had her she seems to also like it much better , so what is the trick to white faces ????? I do not want to try antibiotics, just natural remedies....

Anna[/B]
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! When changing food, I usually do it a bit at a time and not half and half from the get-go. At this age, I'm assuming she's probably eating around 1/4 cup. I would just add may be 5-10 kibbles the first day, then increase the amount over a 5-7 days period. Raine has a very sensitive tummy so even at 18 months, I'd still introduce new food to her slowly. I also give the new food to them as treats 5-10 kibbles/day while still feeding them the old food. This way they slowly become accustomed to it.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Is away.
Dog's Name: Darla Giselle(aka Gigi) and the beloved Imani in heaven.
Send a message via Yahoo to ilovemymaltese

I am curious about this too. My baby never had tear stains. But even breeders show their puppies and I've never seen tear stains on one, their faces are always white....
ilovemymaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

QUOTE (ilovemymaltese @ Oct 12 2009, 03:46 PM)
Quote:
I am curious about this too. My baby never had tear stains. But even breeders show their puppies and I've never seen tear stains on one, their faces are always white....[/B]
Actually, I've seen lots of puppies shown with tear staining (my own included!) I use cornstarch, baby powder or Pawmarks drying power ringside to help camouflage/dry the face.

To the OP, your baby is teething right now, so don't stress it. Wait a few months and then if it's still bad, you can address it with Angel Eyes or something similar, if it is still a problem.

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Puppy and Beegee

One reputable show breeder told me that the majority of show dogs actually have tear stains, but the public does not know that. They just use chalk and other whiteners in the ring. Now before I get blasted, let me reiterate, NOT EVERY SHOW DOG HAS TEAR STAINS. I was told the MAJORITY of show dogs have some staining that is masked by the chalk, etc.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: TINA
Send a message via MSN to Tina

QUOTE (aksm45 @ Oct 12 2009, 12:12 PM)
Quote:
Hello to everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING for Canadian members,

So it has been about 2 weeks now iam batling with red stains i have read so much about!!!! and do not know what to do , i bought the spa lavish blueberry scrub works great for about 1 hour then they are back , i do not know why Luna started with this? but i have read almost everyone goes through this so I look at breeders dogs and say darn how do they keep there dogs faces sooo white????????? I am feeding Luna eukanaba small breed tried going on evo with no sucess everytime we would get to half and half runny poo so i left on what the breeder had her she seems to also like it much better , so what is the trick to white faces ????? I do not want to try antibiotics, just natural remedies....

Anna[/B]
Eukanuba small breed can cause tear staining. My puppies stain worse when I used this product. Food plays a big role in staining. It takes time to figure out what will work with your dog and what won't.

Tina

Come enjoy the MAGIC of Maltese

ADAM
MAGIC'S BELIEVE IN SOMETHING BETTER

"I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

QUOTE (princessre @ Oct 12 2009, 04:26 PM)
Quote:
One reputable show breeder told me that the majority of show dogs actually have tear stains, but the public does not know that. They just use chalk and other whiteners in the ring. Now before I get blasted, let me reiterate, NOT EVERY SHOW DOG HAS TEAR STAINS. I was told the MAJORITY of show dogs have some staining that is masked by the chalk, etc.[/B]
Shouldn't be blasted because you're absolutely correct. Many maltese in the show ring have some tearstaining.

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement