Waterless Shampoo- face, feet and little butt cleaning :) - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)
Default Waterless Shampoo- face, feet and little butt cleaning :)

I really like trying out new products (as do a lot of us!) Many of us here on SM use the Tropiclean Spa Lavish facial scrub (blueberry/vanilla) for cleaning faces (and I do like it!) but sometimes it feels cumbersome to wash and rinse and condition and rinse and then dry the face almost daily.

So, I just got a bottle of BioGroom Waterless, Tearless Shampoo from PetEdge. I've only seen old threads on it. I wanted to try this one and the Proline Rinse Waterless shampoo- but PetEdge didn't carry the Proline and I was already ordering something else from PetEdge.

http://www.petedge.com/product/Groom...1115/43082.uts

I've used it on Obi's face- sprayed directly onto the hair and then massaged in and just dried with a towel. He was looking a bit wet/crusty/crazy in the face due to a play-date. After the Biogroom, the hair dried quickly and was soft and so clean! I must say that it worked SO well. It smells mild and is very quick drying. I like that it is tearless and I just massage it in and dry with the towel at the same time. Then, I comb the hair with the little face comb. It was SO much easier and quicker than the Spa Lavish procedure. The hair under his eyes and beard looked so shiny and felt soft. The Spa Lavish does seem to make the hair feel drier than the Biogroom but it's only been a few days since I've used the BioGroom.

I also tested it on his feet and little butt for cliff-hangers. I really like the ease of it. No more sticking the butt in the sink!

Does anyone else use this product or Proline or anything similar? What are your experiences or thoughts?

I'll keep monitoring how it works overtime, but just thought I'd share since it makes my life and hence Obi's life a bit easier Hopefully, it'll be a good product to keep in the "collection." I don't plan to give him a full-on bath with this stuff, just for spot cleaning :-D

Last edited by hoaloha; 10-13-2012 at 11:40 PM.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Oh I think I'll be getting a bottle of it! I do the spa lavish every other day but I'd LOVE something easier! And we get lots of cliff-hangers! Or as Sylie calls them, hitchhikers.
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte

That sound amazing! I might just have to give it a try soon! I love spa lavish, but I end up not using it every day (even though Cici really does need it everyday, I let her have a dirty face a day or two) because it is time consuming for us. I'm also not a fan of getting her face so wet because spa lavish doesn't rinse so easily, and since Cici doesn't like face washing very much, I have to go slowly and it takes longer. An her face looks like a wet rat for quite a while LOL. I shouldn't complain too much though, it does the work and smells so good! BUT if there's something better, then I'm up for trying new things. Thanks for the info

Oh and also since we're such big fans of Obi we might just start copying everything he uses and does:hystericalsmiley:

Sent from Cici🐶 & Nora👩
❤💋
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sounds Amazing Becky has a short snout and her face is Always DIRTY !!!!!))))
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you Becky .. i've a few maltese so will try any thing ,
a tip for you if you real need to clean a butt ..buy a head to toe basin
lots of shops sell these for babys i.e mothercare , good luck .
jodublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks for letting us know about this product. The one thing that really drives me crazy is that Chrissy's face is always dirty. Don's know why, since she only goes out in the backyard to do her thing and she eats dry dog food. Washing it daily is time consuming and this sounds like it is so much easier to use.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
I really like trying out new products (as do a lot of us!) Many of us here on SM use the Tropiclean Spa Lavish facial scrub (blueberry/vanilla) for cleaning faces (and I do like it!) but sometimes it feels cumbersome to wash and rinse and condition and rinse and then dry the face almost daily.

So, I just got a bottle of BioGroom Waterless, Tearless Shampoo from PetEdge. I've only seen old threads on it. I wanted to try this one and the Proline Rinse Waterless shampoo- but PetEdge didn't carry the Proline and I was already ordering something else from PetEdge.

Bio-Groom Waterless Bath Shampoo 16 oz | PetEdge.com

I've used it on Obi's face- sprayed directly onto the hair and then massaged in and just dried with a towel. He was looking a bit wet/crusty/crazy in the face due to a play-date. After the Biogroom, the hair dried quickly and was soft and so clean! I must say that it worked SO well. It smells mild and is very quick drying. I like that it is tearless and I just massage it in and dry with the towel at the same time. Then, I comb the hair with the little face comb. It was SO much easier and quicker than the Spa Lavish procedure. The hair under his eyes and beard looked so shiny and felt soft. The Spa Lavish does seem to make the hair feel drier than the Biogroom but it's only been a few days since I've used the BioGroom.

I also tested it on his feet and little butt for cliff-hangers. I really like the ease of it. No more sticking the butt in the sink!

Does anyone else use this product or Proline or anything similar? What are your experiences or thoughts?

I'll keep monitoring how it works overtime, but just thought I'd share since it makes my life and hence Obi's life a bit easier Hopefully, it'll be a good product to keep in the "collection." I don't plan to give him a full-on bath with this stuff, just for spot cleaning :-D

Thanks so much for posting this, Marisa! I'm just about out of the Spa Lavish, and with 3, one in full coat, plus I do all my own haircuts, I could really use something like this!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Oh I think I'll be getting a bottle of it! I do the spa lavish every other day but I'd LOVE something easier! And we get lots of cliff-hangers! Or as Sylie calls them, hitchhikers.
You mean "dingle-berries"?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Priya
Dog's Name: Four Halls Raya

I always use waterless shampoo after walks to clean the paws and yes, of course to clean the butt. It's sooo easy. I love it
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

Thank you for posting this! I have used Pro-Line Self Rinse Plus, but it is rather drying. I am going order the Bio-Groom and give it a try!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement