Ear Infection/Cleaning - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Brady & Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLucy View Post
The thing I found that works the best is the kind of Dawn that comes in a pump bottle and it delivers the soap in a foam. MUCH easier to distribute onto the ear fur and easier to rinse out. I found it took about three baths using the foaming Dawn, followed by conditioning shampoo and conditioner to have her back to looking like her normal self. I also am now meticulous about putting cotton in her ears when I'm bathing her. I keep extras by the tub so that when she shakes one out I can immediately replace it. I hate ear infections.
Thanks for the help Gail. I will stop on my way home from work and pick up the Dawn pump soap and give it to my groomer when she comes tonight. If she is still greasy, I will wait a day or 2 and try it again. This is the first ear infection I've had to deal with and I feel so bad for her. I will always use cotton balls when bathing her and make sure I tell the vet next year when she gets her teeth cleaned again!
BradyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement