I don't like this. - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper
Default I don't like this.

I was watching videos on dog grooming and I saw this one on difficult dogs and I don't like it. Now I have myself all paranoid, what if Pipper hates the groomer this much. She says he's good but now I find myself thinking, what if he really isn't.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

When my maltese gets groomed they usually tell us he was good except he didn't like the brushing, which I know he hates getting brushed. When we brush him he gets really mad. but they have to get their hair brushed it would be worse for him if we didn't brush him. I think they are pretty honest about how they act. If you really want to know take him to a pets mart, they have a window were you can watch them being groomed. Hope that helps.
Buddy026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy026 View Post
When my maltese gets groomed they usually tell us he was good except he didn't like the brushing, which I know he hates getting brushed. When we brush him he gets really mad. but they have to get their hair brushed it would be worse for him if we didn't brush him. I think they are pretty honest about how they act. If you really want to know take him to a pets mart, they have a window were you can watch them being groomed. Hope that helps.
They tell me is is good, but I have this annoying habit of thinking things like "what if they are just saying that". I know, its a really dumb thing to do.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I've used the same groomer for several years, but I know that Hardy is difficult, I don't think I want to know how he behaves. He has to get done and she uses two groomers Helpers on him, one around the neck area and one around the middle.It!s the blow dry that he hates.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippersmom View Post
I was watching videos on dog grooming and I saw this one on difficult dogs and I don't like it. Now I have myself all paranoid, what if Pipper hates the groomer this much. She says he's good but now I find myself thinking, what if he really isn't.

Super Styling Session Tips: Difficult But Not Impossible Pet Grooming - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippersmom View Post
They tell me is is good, but I have this annoying habit of thinking things like "what if they are just saying that". I know, its a really dumb thing to do.
I have questioned weather he really is good or not too. I think we all do because we love them so much, but in the end they have to get groomed to stay healthy and that is what I tell myself. Just like if you had a son or daughter who hated getting their hair cut or hated taking baths, you would still make them (even if we feel bad )because we can't let our dogs or kids walk around with bad hygiene hahah. So don't feel paranoid your doing your pup a favor by getting him groomed
Buddy026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I usually stay with my pets when they get groomed. I live half an hour from the groomer and it is just easier for me to stay there. That way I know what is going on and how my pet acts. Just makes me feel better to be there. They are my spoiled children after all
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Oh no!! This has panicked me!! Daisy has her first grooming session next Thursday. With washing she will cry and scramble all over the place I end up as wet as her!! She hates the drier!! I have a low chair in the kitchen that we use for drying and brushing her. I sit on the ground and dry her sometimes she tries to get down which the. I'll sit beside her on the seat. She will just curl and let us dry her. However with brushing she always tries to bite the brush!! This looks so cruel and it looks as if the dog could be hurt!! Wondering now if I should cancel!!
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I wouldn't cancel. Like most skin children, they're usually better for someone else than they are their mommies, lol. Actually, the dog in the video is safer with that on than if it wasn't on. It's keeping him and the groomer from getting hurt. The dog just doesn't like the clippers and is trying to get away. Can you imagine what would happen if they didn't have it on him? He could fall and get hurt or might bite the groomer.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

They'll definitely tell you... years ago I had a rescue, Alfie, part shitzu, part hellion. Took him to the groomer, got a call a few hours later telling me to come get him and never to bring him back, LMAO. He couldn't have weighed more than 9 pounds but apparently he got it in his head that he didn't wanna be there and when they opened the crate he went tearing out, bit the groomer and they couldn't get a handle on him. I discovered mobile goomers and puppy cuts right around then, lol.

Suz
SamiPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Thanks guys just would be worried about her neck r something getting hurt!!! Maybe cause its her first time lol. I am going to a highly recommended groomer who deals with small dogs and small white dogs.
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement