Tipping question - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila
Default Tipping question

If you don't mind me asking, what do you tip the groomer? I want to make sure I'm giving the right amount. Also, if you're not happy with the way they cut, do you still give the same amount, say you don't like it, or what?

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Albert was groomed only Twice so fa I like him n the puppy cut .. I paid 15 but paid 5 tip so a third .. She is really great though with him ., x
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

I only take London to a groomer once or twice a year as a special treat to myself since I groom both dogs myself. In fact, she is there right now! I still have to groom Preston myself today, though...drat!

I only tip $5. I think it costs about $45-$50 to have her groomed so I just tip $5 on top of whatever the cost is. So, I guess it only works out to about a 12% tip. I don't like the idea of tipping really unless it is for exceptional beyond the norm service. I hate that restaurant employers do not pay a fair wage to servers and expect tips to make up the rest of their hourly wage. I do tip 15% - 20% at restaurants. It takes a lot for me to tell someone I am not happy with the service (or food, or haircut, etc) so I only say something if it is truly awful, and I give them the opportunity to make it right and still tip.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

My groomer co-owns the business so I don't tip her. I think a 15% tip is fine if your groomer is just an employee.

To answer your other question, my groomer guarantees satisfaction so if you are unhappy with the cut she will fix it no charge.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I tip my groomer $5 a dog. It is her own business, but I've gone to her for several years(with my old fluffs) and she still charges me the same price. Cant't beat that!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Thanks, y'all! I now feel better that I've tipped enough then. I've given $5 each time. At the regular groomer's, it's only been $19-something. But the price will go up a lot when she's bigger and gets more done. She's been there twice. At PetSmart, she's been there twice too but I had coupons for free puppy baths. For today's visit, she got more than the free bath because they gave me a package for free because when I showed up for her last appointment, she had just turned 4 months, was a couple of days shy getting her rabies vaccine, and they didn't mention it when I made the appointment. So, they wouldn't groom her that day. But I've still tipped the $5 each time even though it didn't cost me for the grooming.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement