things to purchase for - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Damara
Dog's Name: Paris Beauty
Default things to purchase for

I have a list of items to purchase for my lil girl. Will keep her in a puppy cut and plan to bathe her once a week

Based on rave reviews, I getting a small madan brush (in pink) and a small comb.

I haven't decided on a brand of shampoo yet. I do need some help here. I'm not crazy about fruity smells. So I prefer to use something that has a clean fresh scent yet meant to use on her type of coat.
Any suggestions?

Is there a preferred towel that you use to help dry off?
damara23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

I'd say the most popular shampoos here are Tropiclean line or Earthbath.

Both are natural, soap and chemical free, and from what I remember both lines have good scents available. I liked Earthbath's tea tree oil one.

I use a natural herbal shampoo and conditioner that I use for myself... it is unscented. I add peppermint and tea tree oil essential oils to it for scent.

For towels... I use just a regular bath towel. I usually put it in the dryer for a few minutes in the colder months... then I shake it out to get rid of any hot spots and wrap them up. They love it.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte

When I first got Cici I used the Nature's miracle Gentle puppy shampoo
Amazon.com: Dog Supplies Natures Miracle Gentle Puppy Shampoo 16Oz: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Dog Supplies Natures Miracle Gentle Puppy Shampoo 16Oz: Pet Supplies

I purchased it from petsmart in person, but that's what it looks like. I believe it says to have a "puppy breath" scent. I personally like the scent, it's not overpowering at all, and it just makes her smell really clean, I love cuddling with her to that smell. I would also use the conditioner from that same line.

I still use it to this day because I still have some left from the only bottle I purchased (I mix it with water in a ketchup bottle type, and it makes it last a while), and I have also begun to use Kelco shampoo/conditioner.

I love the Kelco Ultra Silk conditioner. I didn't originally need it, but as Cici's coat is changing I realized I needed something like that to make her coat softer like when she was younger, since her coat is very cottony now. Next on my list to purchase is the Kelco Plum White shampoo, I've heard a lot of good things about it. It's not drying like other whitening shampoos. The kelco shampoo I currently use is the Oats one, it's ok, I don't personally think it's great.

When I was at petsmart I was recommended to not use whitening shampoos on a puppy, that's why I got the puppy shampoo.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I use TropicClean and like it a lot. For a towel I got one of those super absorbent ones like this: Aquis Super Absorbent Hair Towels - Bed Bath & Beyond. It works really well when I get him out of the bath and dry him off. Then I use another dry one to keep him warm when I'm using the blow dryer.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement