Grooming Table Opinion? - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
Well, maybe I don't want the round one now, LOL. I've been looking at the hair dryer stands now and think that's really what I want to get. It's hard holding the dryer, comb/brush, and puppy still all at the same time. Any suggestions on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

I've had my Edemco dryer (that Marj posted the link for) for at least 5 years and it is still working well but it is not my 'every day' dryer. it's my travel dryer for dog shows so it doesn't get heavy use. It gets thrown in and out of my car and hotel rooms and it has held up.

A few things about it - it is LOUD. To me, that is not really a problem but some people really don't want a loud dryer. It also does not get very hot which for me, also is not a problem because I don't like feeling like I'm scalding my dogs with hot air.

It is also something you will have to get used to. I did not like it the first time I used it but the more I used it, the more i grew to love it. The air flow is pretty strong (stronger than my bigger Edemco, really) and it really is something you'll have to get used to using. The tripod legs don't take up that much room and it is easy to scoot around with your foot. My huge Edemco has a really wide wheel base and is not good for tight spots!

As far as the round table, if you are trying to conserve space, then this is a great table. I do not use it every day (have a regular grooming table) but if I have a really wild puppy who doesn't like grooming and fights it like crazy, I like it because it gives them a bit more security on the table and if they try to throw themselves off the table, they just 'fall' a couple inches to the table below and usually that lets them know that 'oops, there are consequences here, maybe I shouldn't be a crazy wild beast.'

The hair maid stand also is useful for holding a dryer or a third arm for a grooming table.

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
A Hair Maid works great. I used one for years with Lady with a human hair dryer.

Amazon.com: Hair Dryer Stand: Health & Personal Care
I just saw Stacey's post. thanks for the link Marj. nice 1300 option.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
I've had my Edemco dryer (that Marj posted the link for) for at least 5 years and it is still working well but it is not my 'every day' dryer. it's my travel dryer for dog shows so it doesn't get heavy use. It gets thrown in and out of my car and hotel rooms and it has held up.

A few things about it - it is LOUD. To me, that is not really a problem but some people really don't want a loud dryer. It also does not get very hot which for me, also is not a problem because I don't like feeling like I'm scalding my dogs with hot air.

It is also something you will have to get used to. I did not like it the first time I used it but the more I used it, the more i grew to love it. The air flow is pretty strong (stronger than my bigger Edemco, really) and it really is something you'll have to get used to using. The tripod legs don't take up that much room and it is easy to scoot around with your foot. My huge Edemco has a really wide wheel base and is not good for tight spots!
what is your everyday dryer?

As far as the round table, if you are trying to conserve space, then this is a great table. I do not use it every day (have a regular grooming table) but if I have a really wild puppy who doesn't like grooming and fights it like crazy, I like it because it gives them a bit more security on the table and if they try to throw themselves off the table, they just 'fall' a couple inches to the table below and usually that lets them know that 'oops, there are consequences here, maybe I shouldn't be a crazy wild beast.'

The hair maid stand also is useful for holding a dryer or a third arm for a grooming table.
Thank you Stacey. Does the loud dryer bother / frighten the dogs? So much money, but I'm so sick of holding the hairdryer and the stand I bought (lower than this one marjy posted) just blows in one area of the dog and that stinks too. I'm picking up/putting down dryer alot.
Penny likes the warmer air as she gets colder than Sammie for some reason. How cold is this big one?

stacey, what dryer do you use at home?
xxxx

Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

This is such a huge expense. But for many years. You guys are helping so much. I like the that the 30x18" table folds up, so I'm ok with it being portable (I hope its not super heavy) and I will get the arm on the table too. Here is what I am about to order. PetEdge is $10.00 less than Amazon if you use the standard 5-7 day shipping rates. The dryer might be white when it arrives. not sure.....sorry for the big pics.

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-02-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Mine is without the arm and the table is not heavy to move around, yet it's super stable. It's not the same table as far as I can tell, but generally the same design. The table is actually wood when I look underneath, but the sides and top are covered with black rubber materials and the frame and legs are chrome... or at least silver metal (lol). Sturdy for sure, but lightweight.
Aarianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarianne View Post
Mine is without the arm and the table is not heavy to move around, yet it's super stable. It's not the same table as far as I can tell, but generally the same design. The table is actually wood when I look underneath, but the sides and top are covered with black rubber materials and the frame and legs are chrome... or at least silver metal (lol). Sturdy for sure, but lightweight.
Thats great! I saw several types. this one seems to be in the middle range. enough for my 4 1/2 lb babies, right? I like the purple top too. and the arm can be moved around. Penny is 1 yr old and the leash thing will help with her for sure. I am kinda torn because the turntable can go outside on porch in sunshine, so easily.
thanks again!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.
I am thinking of ordering this 18" turntable for 39.00. I saw older thread that some had ordered it.
If you have this table please give me pros/cons---how do you liked it? Thank you so much!

This is other option 30"x18" for $75.00.
Kandis i have both of these tables, both in pink and where do they sit...in the garage! I also have a changing table that i tried like Marj has and it's in the garage too...i do better with a comfortable chair and ottoman.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
This is such a huge expense. But for many years. You guys are helping so much. I like the that the 30x18" table folds up, so I'm ok with it being portable (I hope its not super heavy) and I will get the arm on the table too. Here is what I am about to order. PetEdge is $10.00 less than Amazon if you use the standard 5-7 day shipping rates. The dryer might be white when it arrives. not sure.....sorry for the big pics.

I have the Edemco Economy dryer and i absolutely love it. It's loud but they do get used to it, i've had mine for several years now and it has more than paid for itself. Mine is white...when i saw a pic of Marj's i thought her's would be black but was surprised hers was white too. I don't think you'll be sorry that you got the dryer.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you Deb. I am going to get the dryer. I want a groom table. With my back I need something that I can keep them still on (hence table/strap) to make it go faster. They never move around with the groomer. I tried sitting down for my back with vanity stool and had to stand up within a min or so, as they scooted away from me. I saw a pic of this a table with a chair ??
xxxx

Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
The one you are looking at is the one I have. It says it weighs just under 20 lbs., but it feels heavier to me. Carrying it isn't too bad, but you have to flip it over to unfold the legs, then flip it back over again. That's pretty hard on the back IMO.

Amazon.com: Master Equipment Steel Non-Slip Matting Grooming Able Pet Table, 30-Inch: Pet Supplies
thanks Marjy. That sounds light enough like it will be ok once a week or I may leave it up in spare room. You don't use this table anymore do you?

about the strap, I need it for Penny. she is wiggle worm. she wasn't in beginning though...weird.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement