how to clean the tears after the got dray - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default how to clean the tears after the got dray

hey,

i'm about to use angle's eyes with my little one(12 month)
and i would like to get advice on how to clean the hairs that the tears got dry and that the angle eyes canwtclean?(it can only stop the tears not clean the one who got dry)

there are some prodacts like BIO-GROOM's "magic white" and athers.

any suggestions?
karanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

The existing stains will lighten with cleaning , but probably never go away until the hair is cut. Spa lavish and bio groom are two products that I use to clean the face , and around the eyes.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanja View Post
hey,

i'm about to use angle's eyes with my little one(12 month)
and i would like to get advice on how to clean the hairs that the tears got dry and that the angle eyes canwtclean?(it can only stop the tears not clean the one who got dry)

there are some prodacts like BIO-GROOM's "magic white" and athers.

any suggestions?
If you haven't used angel eyes yet, don't! It can be harmul to your dog because it has uncessary antibiotics in it. Many puppies naturally get tear stains as they teethe but it usually grows out so I wouldn't be so concerned about that now. You do however want to make sure you keep the eye area clean to prevent possible infections. To clean the eye area, soak the hair with a warm cloth to let the dry hair get wet and either wash it with Spa Lavish Facial Scrub which needs to be fully washed out or Bio Groom Waterless Shampoo which doean't need to be washed out. Make sure not to pull on the hair in the eye area as it is very delicate. Once you wash out all the dried gunk, gently comb the facial hair making sure to be careful with the eyes.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thank u both for repling,
So is it ok to cut the hair around the eyes if its not. Going to wosh out by clenning?
My little one(Meshi) used to not having tears at all till so barber cuted the hairs around the eyes. The tears appered right after that(even though vets cant explain the connection).
Is it a good idea to use angel eyes in somthing to clean the the dried stain(from reading post here 10 days if using will not harm her) and cut the hair gently around the eyes?

About prodacts that cleen draied stain,what do u think about bio groom "magic white"?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

If you do cut the hair around the eyes, you have to continue to do so. When the hair begins to grow, it will get in the eyes, and cause more tearing and stains. I would not cut it, just keep cleaning the face and drying it. Sometimes they have narrow or blocked tear ducts that cause excess tearing. Your vet or an opthamologist can determine that. I've heard of Bio .groom products, but not the one that you mentioned.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks!
Ill keep that in mind.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Leila has had minimal tear staining so far. Knock on wood! The groomer did cut away what little she did have. What I do is make sure her food and treats are dye free, feed her from stainless steel bowls, and wipe around her eyes every night or so with saline solution for contact wearers with a cotton ball. When she gets any eye boogers, I get them out as soon as I see them - again with a cottonball soaked with saline, then comb. I bought the mustache comb from toplinepet.com. Before I had that, I used a flea comb.

I too swore I'd never use Angel Eyes because of the antibiotic in it. I'm a nurse and I have seen the superbugs people get from antibiotic misuse and didn't want to take that chance with Leila. However, my vet had recommended it if I ever have any problems. I told him my feelings about the Tylosin. He said it's safe and it's not one they would use should she ever get sick and need an antibiotic. (There are different "families" of antibiotics.) When my kids were little, they were on preventative antibiotics to help prevent ear infections because they were so prone to them, so I figured this would be about equivalent to that. Then recently, there was a post on here by a veterinarian, that made a lot of sense to me. What he said was along the same lines as what my vet said, plus some. Leila is teething now and if she should get bad tear stains that I can't control, I may keep an open mind to Angel Eyes. But of course, I will continue what I'm already doing and hope that will be enough.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Oh yeah, I meant to add that I did buy Spa Lavish and it works pretty good at cleaning her little face when she gets dirty. I'm just so afraid of getting it in her eyes but so far, so good. I looked for the waterless Bio-Groom, but they had sold out of it.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement