Haircut ideas for mommy's grooming oopsie? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte
Default Haircut ideas for mommy's grooming oopsie?

On Christmas day I had Cici wear a cute little dress, and she wore it all day, I thought it would be ok, I told myself "she hardly wears clothes, one day won't do any bad". I brushed her right before putting her dress on, and made sure the hair was down fine under the dress. I took it off before she went to bed but didn't have time to brush her out, her hair "looked" fine though.

The next day I realized I made a big mistake. I didn't notice just how "cheap" (rough) the material on the inside of the dress was until then, and then I assumed it caused friction with her cottony hair, and got even worse over night. She had big big lumps of matted hair all over the area where the shirt part of the dress was (from the bottom of her neck to her waist). I had to cut them all out worried that it would get worse if I left them, and they were just way too tangled and big to work out with the kinky curly product (I tried one but she kept moving showing me it felt uncomfortable for her). I felt bad about it knowing it was my mistake.

She has some bald-ish spots now where the hair is about 1/2 inch long. They're mostly on her sides so when i part her hair down the middle of her back and brush down they are not noticeable, but i want her to have a little bit shorter hair like the other times I take her to the groomers, and at that length the bald spots will be noticeable. She has an appointment to the groomers on Monday and I think they're going to want to shave her down so all the hair is even. But I'm wondering if there any any other types of haircuts as an alternative? Like maybe having the short shirt hair just in the "t-shirt" area, and the rest of the hair from her waist to her bottom (that isn't matted) can stay an inch or two longer, but would this look wierd? Has anyone tried a similar cut?

I remember seeing a picture of a cute little Maltese girl in this forum, can't remmeber what member it was from though sorry, but she had a cute haircut where the hair on her waist was shorter than the rest of her body, so it looked like she had a tiny waist. I thought that was unique/creative so I'm wondering if there's another similar that could make her un-even cut look better. I was thinking if her top body was cut short and her bottom wasn't, I could just cover the top with shirts/dresses anyways.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte

Nevermind I found what I was looking for moderators can close this thread please, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App