The side effects of Angels Glow/unable to decide! - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bow

Dog's Name: Bow

Zoey's mum88: Here's a few photos, the ones where she is standing on the orange table and being washed are from the day I got her, which was exactly 4 weeks ago. The first one is from maybe a week and a half ago. I will definitely try to get into the habbit of washing her face twice at least every other day, I think I'll try Bio Grooms whitening shampoo for that, it's supposed to be tearless.

Sylie: you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that I'm not the only one with the obsession of white facial hair - I'd be willing to have the dirtiest, ugliest and scruffiest Bow in the world as long as she'd be happy, so it's not about me putting her looks before health, I just feel that having such gorgeous little princess it's nice to have her "perfect" all the way

Argh, it's crazy what one little maltese can do to you... I've always had dirty, filthy, smelly and drooling working dogs and look at me now - happily shopping small warm beds to put in to every corner of our house, just to make Bow feel good...
Attached Thumbnails
The side effects of Angels Glow/unable to decide!-photo-2.jpg   The side effects of Angels Glow/unable to decide!-img_1201.jpg   The side effects of Angels Glow/unable to decide!-img_1211-copy.jpg  

Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetypie View Post
Zoey's mum88: Here's a few photos, the ones where she is standing on the orange table and being washed are from the day I got her, which was exactly 4 weeks ago. The first one is from maybe a week and a half ago. I will definitely try to get into the habbit of washing her face twice at least every other day, I think I'll try Bio Grooms whitening shampoo for that, it's supposed to be tearless.

Sylie: you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that I'm not the only one with the obsession of white facial hair - I'd be willing to have the dirtiest, ugliest and scruffiest Bow in the world as long as she'd be happy, so it's not about me putting her looks before health, I just feel that having such gorgeous little princess it's nice to have her "perfect" all the way

Argh, it's crazy what one little maltese can do to you... I've always had dirty, filthy, smelly and drooling working dogs and look at me now - happily shopping small warm beds to put in to every corner of our house, just to make Bow feel good...
I don't think the staining is bad at all. I think you need to cut some of the sutff already there and continuiously wash her face with Spa Lavish for tear stains. You should wash everyday and dry it too. You can put some corn starch on after you wash and dry to keep it dry. Also you can use the Baush and Lomb wash others here use. It is totally up to you if you want to use the stuff you have then you should. BTW, she is adorable.!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bow

Dog's Name: Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
I don't think the staining is bad at all. I think you need to cut some of the sutff already there and continuiously wash her face with Spa Lavish for tear stains. You should wash everyday and dry it too. You can put some corn starch on after you wash and dry to keep it dry. Also you can use the Baush and Lomb wash others here use. It is totally up to you if you want to use the stuff you have then you should. BTW, she is adorable.!!
Oh, so is the Spa Lavish some specific product or what? I can find only one Spa Lavish on Amazon, which is made by tropiclean(?), is that the one you're talking about?

Bow says thank you for saying she's adorable, yours looks so very pretty and fluffy too!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetypie View Post
Oh, so is the Spa Lavish some specific product or what? I can find only one Spa Lavish on Amazon, which is made by tropiclean(?), is that the one you're talking about?

Bow says thank you for saying she's adorable, yours looks so very pretty and fluffy too!
Yes, it is by Tropiclean. I use it, one caution is that it can be drying. I was using it without conditioning after. It made the hair dry and porous. It is a good product, but can result in more porous hair that stains easier. Condition after using Spa Lavish.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

If you want to try antibiotics then have them properly prescribed by a veterinarian for 10-14 days. There is no reason to leave a dog on long-term unknown doses of antibiotics.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Chelsea and Summer

My Chelsea had very similar staining around her mouth and eyes (even her legs where she would lick) Even with the cleaning i couldnt stop it. (before i knew about The various tricks) She became really ill in July and we were puzzled as to what was wrong (the vet initially diagnosed lymphoma) - she was put on a course of steroids and antibiotics.
Amazingly the antibiotics completely cleared up the staining issue. The 'stains' grew out and now she is stain free - even around her mouth where she eats as she's got no teeth!

I would talk to your vet and perhaps try a course of antibiotics rather than just putting her on the Angel Glow.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

To me, it looks in the pictures from when you first got her that the staining may have come from the food she had been fed or the dishes since a lot of it is around her mouth. The stains look a lot less since you've gotten her. So if it were me, I would just keep doing what you're doing, wash her eyes & around them daily with saline solution, and then clip out the stains as the hair grows out. Then see how she does before adding any medications. She really is a cutie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement