Mild gingivitis - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I use cheap panty hose or the nylon stockings with CET vanilla mint toothpaste and or Petzlife gel to brush their teeth, abrasive enough to help reduce tartar but not too abrasive and i know how much pressure i'm putting on their teeth and gums. We tried the tufted toothbrush and i feel i do better with the nylon stockings. I just ordered some CET dental chews and i've gotten over the whole bully sticks and what they are thing that i'm allowing the kids to chew on them now.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
thanks so much Marisa. I will get the brush......yea, he didn't say it would stop it, just better for tartar than wet. alot of his comments were based on sammie and that he is prob more prone to tartar / gum disease. he also said if you don't do dental care, FORGET IT, all bets off, so to speak....I got his point.

say were you able to find brush at the store or just online? I can't wait to try it! Looks great! I don't see a link to the LIST?

thanks again
Veterinary Oral Health Council Oopsie! here's the link! Hahaha! i agree with your vet Obi is like Sammie, I think he is more prone to tartar so that's why I try to do what I can to minimize the build-up! Darn genetics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post
I use cheap panty hose or the nylon stockings with CET vanilla mint toothpaste and or Petzlife gel to brush their teeth, abrasive enough to help reduce tartar but not too abrasive and i know how much pressure i'm putting on their teeth and gums. We tried the tufted toothbrush and i feel i do better with the nylon stockings. I just ordered some CET dental chews and i've gotten over the whole bully sticks and what they are thing that i'm allowing the kids to chew on them now.
Oh yeah! I think the nylon works well for lots of people! I agree it's so easy to be too aggressive with the brush-- proper technique is KEY! it's important to only put enough pressure to clean the teeth and that the bristles should NOT be bent. If the bristles are splaying or bending, then it's too much pressure.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I just ordered the Obi dental list......Sammie won't know what hit him......he is full, he ate alot, no food again till tomorrow late. his dental is at who knows what time in am.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Thanks, Marisa! I am going to look into all those products. Gustave is started to develop doggie breath so I'm looking into a real dental regime (as opposed to brushing his teeth almost every day)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement