I need encouragement - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Default I need encouragement

I just can't keep up with all three dogs. Ru needs frequent medicated baths. MiMi needs daily brushing. Poor Ray...he is much harder to brush than MiMi, and he is bigger. Right now he is a mass of mats and tangles. I work on him, but never completely finish him. I simply have to strip him. I hate to do it, but I just can't seem to get him brushed through well enough to give him a moderate trim. He looks so cute, but is tightly tangled from the skin.

Please, give me words of encouragement, so that I will have the strength to get out the shears and strip him tomorrow.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Sylvia, don't even give it a second thought. If he is that tangled he would love nothing more than for you to cut him down. It will be best for both of you. Don't think twice about it. Hugs to you! Post after pics......he will look great and most of all feel good.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I can feel your pain!!! It's never easy to make a drastic cut. Just think of how much happier Ray will be without tangles in his hair and how much happier you will be not having to spend so much time on his coat. I think Ray will love you no matter what the length of hair!

You're a fabulous groomer so i have full confidence that his haircut will be FANTASTIC!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

That is what breaks my heart. I went too long....it won't be a nice haircut it will be a strip. Oh, and he will probably be really cold without his hair to keep him warm.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

First I must say I am shocked that you feel like this...... Because when I read any of your posts or threads I picture you as superwoman!!!!!! I am not being being silly but dead on serious........really I look up to you on how you carry yourself as a person!!!!!! I know you can do it as I said before you are a special lady and you can do great things!!!!hugs to you
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Shave them! Really, it is so difficult sometimes to keep up with the long hair. DH wants to play hands on with the boys, and wants their hair long too, but doesn't understand the amount of work that has to go into keeping the matts and tangles away. It's totally ok for you have one or all trimmed short.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Ray can wear a very cute sweater! That's the one thing that is definitely easier to wear with short hair
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Ray can wear a very cute sweater! That's the one thing that is definitely easier to wear with short hair
*nods* I totally love buying the boys cute sweaters!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
First I must say I am shocked that you feel like this...... Because when I read any of your posts or threads I picture you as superwoman!!!!!! I am not being being silly but dead on serious........really I look up to you on how you carry yourself as a person!!!!!! I know you can do it as I said before you are a special lady and you can do great things!!!!hugs to you
Oh, honey, I am so far from superwoman. I am lazy...L A Z Y. I play more than I work and I am completely self-indulgent. Every morning I have a big argument with myself, but the lazy one always wins. One good thing is that I do sort of accept myself and my laziness. I used to be full of energy. I used to keep up with my responsibilities, but for the last two or so years, I have really been falling down on the job. But, thank you for your kind words.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Max, Buddy and Bunnie; Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

Sylvia, I bet he Ray will look really cute shaved, and it will grow back.
Sometimes we just have more to do than we can handle and we have to prioritize. It sounds like sweet Ru needs a little extra care now so maybe it isn't the best time for Ray to have a high maintenece hairdo.
I bet Ray will feel great with his new haircut, and you wont have to spend your energy worrying that you are not keeping up with it as you wish you could.
You take such wonderful care of them! A short haircut is no big deal, and is a fresh start. I think most have us have been there, when we are tired of fighting the battle with the tangles, and have to call a "do over."
Ray will be cute as ever!

Daisy and Max
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement