Is Spa Lavish ok to use on the face? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Blizzard
Default Is Spa Lavish ok to use on the face?

I gave Blizzard a bath on Sunday using Spa Lavish products. It made him smell great and did wonders for his hair. However, I avoided washing his head because, one, I didn't know if the shampoo would irritate his eyes since it didn't say "tear free", and I was worried about getting water in his ears. I ended up using some puppy wipes to clean his head/face. Can I wash his face/head with the Spa Lavish or should I use a tear free brand? How do I protect his ears from water?

I was surprised how calm he was getting bathed. He did start doing the doggy paddle when I sprayed water on him. My daughter's reaction was hilarious... she was upset because I made her puppy "too small" but she felt much better after we dried him!
J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Which Spa Lavish product are you referring to? Many of us use a specific one- it's the blueberry vanilla fresh facial scrub by Spa Lavish. This one can be used on the face. I shampoo my dog's face with his regular shampoo during the bath and just be careful about it not getting into the eyes.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Hello from pa--May I Ask where you buy that product? I Have Never seen it in pa. I Use J&J Baby Shampoo on my Yogi's Face/ And Another on His Body--They Sure Are Funny Wet!---Iam Afraid of the ears iam taking him thursday just for a bath--he wont need his haircut--His Xmas Cut Was A Mess She Shaved The Lil Guy- All i wanted was a cute trim. we have the worst groomers in this little old town. The Groomer said it would take to long And She Wasnt feeling to good!!!!!!!
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
Hello from pa--May I Ask where you buy that product? I Have Never seen it in pa. I Use J&J Baby Shampoo on my Yogi's Face/ And Another on His Body--They Sure Are Funny Wet!---Iam Afraid of the ears iam taking him thursday just for a bath--he wont need his haircut--His Xmas Cut Was A Mess She Shaved The Lil Guy- All i wanted was a cute trim. we have the worst groomers in this little old town. The Groomer said it would take to long And She Wasnt feeling to good!!!!!!!
you can buy it online at amazon.com, petedge.com.

Amazon.com: Tropiclean SPA Pet Facial Scrub, 8 Ounce: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Tropiclean SPA Pet Facial Scrub, 8 Ounce: Pet Supplies

or

Spa Fresh Facial Scrub | PetEdge.com
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Leah
Dog's Name: Ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
That would have made me furious!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Which Spa Lavish product are you referring to? Many of us use a specific one- it's the blueberry vanilla fresh facial scrub by Spa Lavish. This one can be used on the face. I shampoo my dog's face with his regular shampoo during the bath and just be careful about it not getting into the eyes.
It's mild shampoo for white coats, and nourishing conditioner with oatmeal, both Spa Lavish. I'll look for the facial scrub.
J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement