found some good asian/korean cut photos :) - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

http://blogfiles.naver.net/20130105_...1%F8_11199.jpg

I love this one! I am tempted to cut obi this short!

I think Grace will look so cute in the Korean cut with her topknot
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I don't know if this qualifies as Korean cut but I LOVE this. I think Gustave is getting this done next week.

(Sorry I forgot whose dog this is. I found this pic here)
found some good asian/korean cut photos :)-imageuploadedbypg-free1357929759.802731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

It looks like a modified Koren cut

Grace isn't a purebred so I don't worry so much LOL And she doesn't have that long of a snout I did a sort-of-koren-cut awhile ago... Really liked it on her.

Since I won't be able to bathe her for 2-3 weeks (the dew claw sutures will take longer than the spay) I want her short... I can easily use wipes on her, and manage her face and top knot

I'm thinking I trimmed her topknot area too much in back...so will go lower this time and let that part grow out. Since I groom them, it isn't an issue.

And now I know how to do her hair in her ears until they grow out more - just do more bands every 1-2 inches

I also want to be able to tie her hair up well for Monday - I don't want any "oops" clips to happen while they are shaving her LOL

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Marisa, I can't see that picture, it says "referral denied" when I try to access it.

As far as keeping the hair between the eyes long so it can be pulled into the topknot or ponytails, that's one reason I had Cozette's face clipped short-- we just could never get that hair long enough to keep it in the topknot, so it was constantly in her eyes. I don't have a problem trimming the between the eye hair once a week or so anyway. I use blunt end scissors and a comb so I can't injure them even if they move at the wrong time. The comb is between the eye and the scissors. Sometimes I do need help to hold their heads if they are in a squirmy mood (I try to wait until they've been tired out playing).

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I don't know if this qualifies as Korean cut but I LOVE this. I think Gustave is getting this done next week.

(Sorry I forgot whose dog this is. I found this pic here)
Attachment 107537

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Yea, that would be considered korean cut. Looks cute!
Make sure to post pics of Gustave with that cut!
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Angela
Dog's Name: Mia

I groom Mia myself. I "try" to get her face that close but I can't figure out how to get her head that close. Clippers or scissors?? I used clippers on her neck and under her chin and ears last week. I love this look. Now I need to figure out how to do the top of her head. I'll take some pics when I give her a bath Sunday. When I do her head I cut what I can get between my fingers with scissors and that's as short as I go. When I do her face whiskers if I get them that short they stick up in her eyes. Do you trim them real short so they won't stick up??
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
Marisa, I can't see that picture, it says "referral denied" when I try to access it.

As far as keeping the hair between the eyes long so it can be pulled into the topknot or ponytails, that's one reason I had Cozette's face clipped short-- we just could never get that hair long enough to keep it in the topknot, so it was constantly in her eyes. I don't have a problem trimming the between the eye hair once a week or so anyway. I use blunt end scissors and a comb so I can't injure them even if they move at the wrong time. The comb is between the eye and the scissors. Sometimes I do need help to hold their heads if they are in a squirmy mood (I try to wait until they've been tired out playing).

This is un-maltese but so cute I wouldn't dye Obi's hair though! I like how fluffy and fuzzy the head is... reminds me of a stuffed animal!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement