My poor baby is still acting weird - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu
Default My poor baby is still acting weird

Okay, it was a terrible time to strip my Ray bone. It is as cold as it ever gets right now. I do have the heater on during the day. But, I guess being stripped of his nice warm coat has sent the poor dog into a state of anxiety. He is wearing a very nice wool sweater, but his little tootsies are cold. All he wants to do is stay snuggled up in my bed all day. Oh sigh, this is just awful. Sigh. We are going to let him sleep with us tonight. I just can't believe how a haircut has made him so neurotic...or maybe just scared. It is breaking my heart to see my little boy so freaked out. On the one hand, on the other hand I seriously want to strangle the little wimp....JK, No , yes, jk,
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

BTW. did I tell you that while he was lounging in my bed all day, he saw fit to throw up bile all over my gorgeous new sheets and the bedspread? Oh sigh. Does anyone want a very rare Malagasy hairless butterfly ear?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

WOOL. That is the word that immediately stood out to me. So many people are sensitive to wool ... so why not animals, too? I know many people who do not feel comfortable wearing wool ... including me. I hate the feel of wool touching my skin ... it is itchy and I almost feel as though I can't breath. Felix is the same way.

If it were my fluff baby, I would try a sweater made with 100% cotton. There is nothing like the comfort and feel of 100% cotton. Wool can feel uncomfortable and itchy.

I am glad you are letting your sweet angel sleep with you tonight. Oh dear, please don't tell me your beautiful bedding is made of wool!

Oh, no! I just read your other post! I really think he threw up because he might be allergic to wool. Poor baby. Please give him a big warm gentle hug from his Auntie Marie.

I hope darling Roo feels better soon, Sylvia. Hugs and love for you, dear girlfriend.

Last edited by Snowball Pie's Mommi; 01-12-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Oh Marie, my angel...it never occurred to me that wool might bother him. I do have some small cotton sweaters that I got for Ru. I will try that immediately. I have no problems with wool, but I love nothing as much as a cotton sweater. Perhaps a Coton would prefer cotton. Will do right now. Kisses to you for your sage advise.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I have no advice, but I'm sorry to hear he's feeling not so great. Hope he's himself again real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

I wouldn't have thought of that either but it makes sense. I feel itchy and uncomfortable in wool too and love cotton. I'll be curious to hear if the cotton sweater helps him feel better.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Right now Ray is snuggled up in bed with DH...i hope he feels better, I want my Ray back.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Oh Marie, my angel...it never occurred to me that wool might bother him. I do have some small cotton sweaters that I got for Ru. I will try that immediately. I have no problems with wool, but I love nothing as much as a cotton sweater. Perhaps a Coton would prefer cotton. Will do right now. Kisses to you for your sage advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Right now Ray is snuggled up in bed with DH...i hope he feels better, I want my Ray back.
Awwww ... I hope the cotton sweater helps. Please let us know how Ray is doing.

Darling Sylvia, I wish all of your family peaceful sleep and pleasant dreams tonight. Please give Ray gentle hugs and soft kisses from his Auntie Marie. And, kisses and hugs for you, dear friend.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
Awwww ... I hope the cotton sweater helps. Please let us know how Ray is doing.

Darling Sylvia, I wish all of your family peaceful sleep and pleasant dreams tonight. Please give Ray gentle hugs and soft kisses from his Auntie Marie. And, kisses and hugs for you, dear friend.

XXXOOO
Old 01-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Sylie, I may be wrong but I don't think an allergy to wool would cause Ray to vomit bile---it WOULD make him uncomfy & itchy. Has he had a medical exam recently w/liver enzymes? If they are ok I would not worry to much unless it repeats itself. Sometimes stress can cause this so just keep an eye on it and make sure he has something in his tummy (even a cracker).
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement