korean cut on Ein.. I messed up BAD - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

I have to agree with the others-- I wouldn't say anything unless I could say something nice, and I think Einstein looks cute with that cut! Actually, to me he looks, if anything, more stuffed animal like with this new hairstyle. I'm thinking of cutting Cozette's and Pippa's face shorter than in the Christmas pics, because both have adorable faces, and I love how easy they are to maintain! I do have the bodies longer, though-- they are more graduated and trimmed to an even, kind of draped length on the sides so they still have the gorgeous hair Maltese are famous for. It's kind of my "own thing" since I love the flowy hair but the faces are, for me, too hard to keep longer.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

You did a great job!!!!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami

Tori: LOL thank you for the honesty!!! I really do not think Ein looked bad-except for the face( i did mess up on his right side......that does not show on pictures). lol good tip on the face.. Id admit I do have very compulsive side n tend to jump on to things without thinking- but the links to korean maltese cuts that you posted were tooooo tempting to pass by and I just had to try- Ein was looking at me like I want that cut!!!

Laura & Shelly:*GRIN GRIN* NOW i know what you mean, by Ein does not look that terrible.. at first glance.. it was DH that ruined it for me. Shelly, I was looking at your photo of Rocky and thinking he looks soo adorable!! His face look just like my Ein! I suppose i am the only one that notices a lot of mistakes that I've made on Ein.. LOL. I am praying that his hair grows as fast as I make mistakes.

Glenda: yeap.....my DH is currently in a dog house and was getting the evil eye the entire evening. he keeps on telling me he looks like he lost 20lbs, and I am telling him he is same weight, and he does not even weigh 20lbs! Boys will always be boys with their hurtful comment, and it is not even his first time( last time i think it was about my hair cut)
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
Honestly, it doesn't look that bad!

Did you groom her after you bathed and blow dried her? If not, that is part of the problem. You'll get the best results if you cut a clean coat.

I use the clippers with a 4f or 5f blade on the side of the face to get that short without scissoring (I'm bad at scissoring!)

This is an attempt I did on one of my dogs, Lois (Ch. Bellarata's I Want to Believe) I only scissored the beard area and the ears and the feet and used the clippers everywhere else. I have a hard time getting the face hair straight too, it's a challenge!

Not that it looks bad but if you want to 'fix' it a bit, you could clipper the body shorter and leave the hair on the legs longer so there is more of a contrast. The ears look fly away so it doesn't add to a finished result so maybe rebathe and blow dry and see what you have?

The first time I cut Lucy when she was about 11 mos, OMG. I chicken legged her soooo bad! And I learned a valuable lesson from it - if I don't know how to do it, leave it alone :P I never cut the legs now.
''

That's it. I did not bathe him until after the cut.. he def was overdue on bathing(his hair was sorta greasy from playing outside the wet grass). I did over-cut his face due to this, i believe.. but only realized it after he was bathed and dried. I do want to fix the face, but his right side of face is way too short, I will have to wait for that to grow out, so I can cut the other side face to even it out a bit..... ugh
Your cut on Lois look really awesome! I am sorta determined to learn this technique, but wonder if I can achieve that cut using clippers?? which brand of clippers do you use?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
I have to agree with the others-- I wouldn't say anything unless I could say something nice, and I think Einstein looks cute with that cut! Actually, to me he looks, if anything, more stuffed animal like with this new hairstyle. I'm thinking of cutting Cozette's and Pippa's face shorter than in the Christmas pics, because both have adorable faces, and I love how easy they are to maintain! I do have the bodies longer, though-- they are more graduated and trimmed to an even, kind of draped length on the sides so they still have the gorgeous hair Maltese are famous for. It's kind of my "own thing" since I love the flowy hair but the faces are, for me, too hard to keep longer.
thank you! though, I don't think I wil ever be attempting this cut on Ein again...... I do prefer longer hair on Maltese that make them look more like themselves. I only realized this after it was too late though
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I know you are in hair shock, but Ein does look cute in this cut! In about one-two weeks, try to even it out fresh after the bath. As Stacy mentioned, the hair should be squeaky clean and dry when cutting- more precise cut and less damage to your grooming equipment. We all make mistakes at first but it IS hair and it will grow quickly! And one thing I do is to always cut LONGER than you want and then evaluate and trim shorter little by little. That tip helped me when I first started
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I think he looks cute! Don't get discouraged. When I first cut Mimi and Milo's hair, I regretted it for few months because It was such a drastic change from long hair. But now, I love their short Korean cut and it is soooooo much easier to manage especially if you put clothes on them. Milo particularly gets cold easily. Even though I have the heater on for them at my house at 73degrees, Milo still shivers at times. So he is always wearing a sweater during the winter months and I can get away with brushing him around couple of times a week without any matting.
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Beatriz
Dog's Name: Dominic, Benjamin (Bellarata's Bark Knight Rises by Design) & Elena (Ch Bellarata's Prophecy Girl)

I failed to notice where did you messed up. It looks great, very unique and that's a compliment. He is gorgeous so is his new haircut.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Candice -

I will share one of the worst Gussy cuts (then I have to stop procrastinating and shower!). To be honest... Some have been so horrible I wouldn't even take a photo.

Shhh.... don't tell Gussy I posted this.... He was so embarrassed LOL

This was after my botch got fixed (see, didn't even take a photo of the horrible)....

here was my fluffy stuffed animal puppy:

And here is him after I spontaneously groomed him late one night:

Does not even look like the same dog!

Hair grows hon! Hair grows.....

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Aww he looks adorable! I think it's just the change from longer hair to shorter that shocks us. When Laurel got her first shirt hair cut.. I hated it, and it was done by a groomer. Not her fault, that's how I told her to cut it. I love his ears?

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement