Disaster!! - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Oh my! While she looks absolutely adorable in her new "do", if I had worked as hard as you obviously have taking such good care of that beautiful long hair for as long as it must have taken to grow for a top-knot, I too would have been beyond furious and upset.

Definitely time to find a new groomer which I know is a lot easier said than done. Next time you take her, bring those "before and after" photos along with you so you can show the new groomer what you do NOT want to have happen ever again. That should make an impression. I would also recommend making very sure that you're talking directly to whoever will be actually cutting her hair, not an owner who may or may not pass on the directions.

Sympathies to you. She still looks adorable but I hope her hair grows back as quickly as possible for you.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Another thought: Maybe find a groomer who will let you stay. Some will; mine will. That will help the groomer know exactly what you want done.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Diana - Lola is beautiful no matter what, but boy this kind of thing just pisses me off. And to still charge you.
And yours is far from the first "tail" of woe. I thank my lucky stars for our groomer. Am so lucky, but I also am there for each grooming, though funny enough, because of my injury, last week I let her take Tyler since I couldn't walk that far. I was so nervous. Tyler came back looking perfect as always. She just really listens to me and knows what I like. It's like hair stylists. i remember telling some years ag,o "Just cut off a little" and since I'm pretty blind without glasses, I'd put them on and almost keel over.
No excuses for your groomer - you were very clear I know. If CT doesn't work out, let me know.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

She does look very cute, but "Hello groomer, a Maltese is supposed to have a topknot." They should only cut it if they have specific instructions to do so.

I went into my local groomer to see the dogs they were doing. There was a poor Malt that didn't even look like a Malt anymore. So, I didn't go there. Now I only do my own grooming. I am sure there are professionals who can do a better job, but there are more who can't do as good a job as I do.

Maybe you can drop in on the CT groomer and see what kind of a job they do?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SHELLY
Dog's Name: ABBIGAIL

Diana, I feel your pain. The same thing happened to me. I live in a very small town with one groomer. She cut Abbigails eye hair one time and I had worked so hard on letting that grow out. Next time cut her top knot off. Charged both times. My dh had picked her up. Then the final straw,,,Cut her in a poodle/shih-tzu style.. The next closest groomer is 70 miles away.. I decided I would just trim her up myself. I couldn't do any worst right? Well actually I could, but at least I didn't spend $45.00 for it. I've since hear she is in bad health...Maybe the problem, but I just can't do it anymore. When we went to Jacksonville there was a wonderful groomer there. I loved her. But thats 7 hours away. Maybe with practice I'll improve.
sdubose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie
Dog's Name: Harry, Teddy, Ben, Sprite, and Max

Diana,

I would be soooo angry. Fortunately, I found a great groomer who listens to everything I tell her and actually does what I ask. My only problem with her is that she takes forever to finish the cut, lol... she's really a perfectionist. She only takes one dog at a time, so I don't have to worry about Sprite sitting in a cage or anything. Alison brings Kissy to her also and is equally happy. So, if you ever want to travel down into central NJ, I'd be happy to give you her information.

In the meantime, Lola couldn't look bad, she's so adorable! Hang in there

Hugs.
Debbie
harrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SHELLY
Dog's Name: ABBIGAIL

BTW...Lola is still a cutie.
sdubose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Diana, I feel your pain~!!!! The very last time I ever took Obi to the groomer- they messed up SO bad and actually made him look like the picture that I brought with the title "DO NOT CUT LIKE THIS." I was super pissed and that's what prompted me to do his grooming myself. I would have refused to pay for the cut!

I love Lola with the topknot, but she does look VERY cutesy and adorable with her hair short Maybe you can use more product (like pomade or gel) as her topknot grows out again. It will certainly take time to get used to her new look, but the hair will grow. It's TOTALLY okay to cry! I have cried over my own bad haircuts and also Obi's-LOL!

Even through this disaster, I can still see your sense of humor through the pain- That picture of Scuttle really made me chuckle out loud. Hang in there, my friend! Lola will be sporting her topknot again soon. How about this.... you can come to Cali with Lola and I will do her haircuts from now on
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Been there done that.I paid $80 for a terrible cut on my fluffs and I gave them piccies they said they knew what I wanted.I ended up taking Emily home and doing her over myself! I waited a couple days but it really bothered me so I retrimmed and took her back to show them...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly, Kimmy & Khloe

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this!! I would be FURIOUS!! Actually the same thing happened to me too and completely without my consent. Except it was my brother in law who cut it right off. He not only just did that, but also chopped off all of Kelly's beautiful fluffy hair At first I was devastated; I had JUST gotten her too! But it's been 4 months and her top knot is back!! Much quicker than I thought it would. So please try to think about how your baby is still alive, healthy and beautiful with or without a top knot!! And that this time in between might seem like a long time now, but trust me it'll be over before you know it!! Trust me, I know from experience!!

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement