Storage solution? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey
Default Storage solution?

What does everyone use to store all the grooming supplies? I first bought a notions tote at a fabric store, with a top tray and bigger bottom, now that's too small. I then took over one of my DD Art Bins, from college(sort of like a tackle box) still not enough room . I need something that I can take to different rooms. As I comb , brush, face wash, downstairs in the morning, but I bath them upstairs on Sunday. Any suggestions???

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

I have a tote bag that I carry her box of bows/combs in. But as far as her shampoo, etc, I have a storage bin that I put under the sink. There is just too much to carry!
I guess I wasn't too helpful!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I don't use anything special as our apartment is small enough to just take it and go to whichever room you are going to (well, there's just one bedroom!). But art bin reminded me of the bin I used at school. It was GREAT and pretty deep since I used to carry spray paint cans in it. It was this one -
ArtBin Super Satchel Double Deep - BLICK art materials
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

currently my brushes, combs and scissors, toe nail clipper, tooth brush and tooth paste are sitting in a german shepherd dog coffee mug. The wal mart special clippers I have been using are in their own case in the basement. We have a pair of andis on the way

Eventually I would like a nifty little fancy box for all our grooming supplies-I plan on a decent pair of scissors and some better brushes down the road too. I'm considering one of those cute make up cases that are made in box form and have all the little compartments.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I don't use anything special as our apartment is small enough to just take it and go to whichever room you are going to (well, there's just one bedroom!). But art bin reminded me of the bin I used at school. It was GREAT and pretty deep since I used to carry spray paint cans in it. It was this one -
ArtBin Super Satchel Double Deep - BLICK art materials
Funny... I just looked at that one on line.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
currently my brushes, combs and scissors, toe nail clipper, tooth brush and tooth paste are sitting in a german shepherd dog coffee mug. The wal mart special clippers I have been using are in their own case in the basement. We have a pair of andis on the way

Eventually I would like a nifty little fancy box for all our grooming supplies-I plan on a decent pair of scissors and some better brushes down the road too. I'm considering one of those cute make up cases that are made in box form and have all the little compartments.
Hmmm I never thought looking in cosmetics.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I found something like this in the cosmetics.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Debbie - I got a art supply tote at Michaels. i think it might be used for things like scrapbooking scissors, etc but it's attractive, soft and a handle to pick it up. Lots of room for brushes, combs, sprays, toothpaste, etc. I have to see if I can find it on line. Don't quite know what they call it.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami

Ooo, this is a good one! I still have not yet accumulated enough grooming tools for Ein as of YET,, but I can see how having more than one would require some type of organizer. Have you checked out local Homedepot?? They have this canvas tool box(I think around $20 or less), where you have slot for combs, shampoos, shears, etc.
I did quick google search, and I wasnt the only one thinking about re-purposing the tool box for humans into grooming organizer! lol
Here I scooped up their photos(all their images are theirs... I hope they don't mind me sharing her photos) for your view..
their website:
canvas tool box/grooming organizer

I tried to directly link their images to show up on this thread.. but was unsuccessful.. ack. To the moderator, if there is proper way to post other people's images, let me know(if this is improper, let me know also!!)
These images are Not mine, and is theirs(please see their website where their images are from)

all in all, it seem compact enough, and what a great idea!! I know which isle to stop by next time I am at homedepot..(lol DH will be very happy)
Attached Thumbnails
Storage solution?-oes.org1.jpg   Storage solution?-oes.org2.jpg   Storage solution?-oes.org3.jpg  
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_Ein View Post
Ooo, this is a good one! I still have not yet accumulated enough grooming tools for Ein as of YET,, but I can see how having more than one would require some type of organizer. Have you checked out local Homedepot?? They have this canvas tool box(I think around $20 or less), where you have slot for combs, shampoos, shears, etc.
I did quick google search, and I wasnt the only one thinking about re-purposing the tool box for humans into grooming organizer! lol
Here I scooped up their photos(all their images are theirs... I hope they don't mind me sharing her photos) for your view..
their website:
canvas tool box/grooming organizer

I tried to directly link their images to show up on this thread.. but was unsuccessful.. ack. To the moderator, if there is proper way to post other people's images, let me know(if this is improper, let me know also!!)
These images are Not mine, and is theirs(please see their website where their images are from)

all in all, it seem compact enough, and what a great idea!! I know which isle to stop by next time I am at hom

edepot..(lol DH will be very happy)

I want something with a tray on top for bows , bands and barrettes, and the small combs on top and easy to get to. On the deeper part I could store the bottles, eye wash, Detangler spray, face wash, and brushes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement