Madden Brushes - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Mine don't seem to last , i buy more dog brushes these days than hairbrushes.
jodublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
Here is my collection of must haves...
Attachment 116226
I use Kinky Curly Knot Today (target) with my pink Madan brush works great for matt removal! I like both the small oblong and the small oval brush. The mini face comb is a must in our house. Both my kidz are messy eaters. I keep a basket next to the sofa, an easy time to groom when all are relaxed and just chillin.
I like your collection of brushes. Do you think you could give me the descriptions of them (that way when I go look for it)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I had junk till I went to a show few months back. The vendors at shows are awesome as you can compare. I know that's not option for everyone just mention incase.

My brushes are CC, not madden, but I got the comb in the Madden booth. I bought the short greyhound stainless steel with handle comb approx $25. OMG, I love this comb so much. Use it daily.
I have my CC small oval wood & brass bristle brush. I heard may not be good for super thick coats, but I love it, was approx $40.
And my trusty CC wood handle slicker brush that's great for tangles or mats too.
I kicked myself after I got these items for waiting 3 yrs. I really noticed diff in the coats.

Last edited by SammieMom; 02-20-2013 at 01:27 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Christy
Dog's Name: Izzy Bella

when looking at the Madden brushes, just remember different colors are for different brushes, some are softer than others and color makes a difference.

Follow Izzy on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IzzyBellaMoses
IzzysBellasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Leanne
Dog's Name: Maya, Symon & Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
I like your collection of brushes. Do you think you could give me the descriptions of them (that way when I go look for it)
The brushes are grouped by color according the firmness of the pad. I like the the medium soft (baby blue & pink) for Maya who has a medium to long combination silky cotton coat. She loves to be brushed and would sit on my lap all day to be brushed. Both these brushes work well on Szu who has a much shorter courser coat. Here is the info from http://www.toplinepet.com

It is important to maintain your brushes. The do need to be washed and cleaned as well. I recommend you get a quality brush cleanser/conditioner and the cleaning comb. They will last a long time if maintained, especially if you use any products in your fluffs hair. Hope this helps.

NOT SURE WHICH BRUSH TO GET?

If you're going to keep your pup in a short-med cut, get any of the SMALL Pin Brushes. They all have the same cushion, except the APPLE GREEN & LAVENDER which are a little softer than the rest, but it's very slight. So it's really a color preference. You can also go w/any of the OBLONG Pin Brushes. Keep in mind that these have the firmest cushion, so it would be best for pups that tolerate brushing. Both the Small & Oblong brushes are excellent for brushing out tangles.
If your short-med hair length pup is over 10#'s, I recommend getting the REGULAR sized Pin Brush. If they don't tangle & have silky hair, get the very soft (Green, Lavender & Orange) or medium soft (Blue, Baby Blue, Pink, Purple & Red).
If they tangle, get the medium soft (Blue, Baby Blue, Pink, Purple & Red) or standard soft (Black). The difference from med to standard soft is very slight, can't really tell unless you were looking for it.

If you have a pup w/full length coat/hair, I recommend getting the Regular & Small or Oblong brushes. It's up to you, you can go w/1 brush according to size or type of hair. For example, if you have a 5# Yorkie in Show Coat & she doesn't tangle, go w/the Small brush (you might want to get a Reg size in the color Lavender to brush her body). If you have a 15# Shih Tzu in Show Coat, go w/the Regular brush (you might want to get an oblong brush to line brush & remove any shedding hair).

Leanne
Leanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

My CC small oval with brass bristles is static free. madden may be too, but I really like not having all the static.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

Thanks for everyones help. My three have diffrent coats that for sure. My Boy has medium hair and my mom says he looks like willy Nielson........ with an angoria rabbit fur LOL!!! the Girls same medium long hair and all of them tangle!! There is going to be a show coming up in March and am hoping that some of the vendors will be there. I know there will be alot of breeders as well. But do not want to bug them with questions or get in their way............................ so I am thinking about making a list of items that I want. Please help me with what I should have on my list for grooming tools and supplies!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
My CC small oval with brass bristles is static free. madden may be too, but I really like not having all the static.
I have the CC brush that is static free & it has wooden bristles? Is yours brass?
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shirley Ng
Dog's Name: Boo

Can I buy these in a store or does it have to be online?
jenna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katiria
Dog's Name: Nemo and Gizmo

Im getting mine online, for madden brushes its toplinepet.com

Kmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement