grooming clippers and table - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default grooming clippers and table

I can't find the form about grooming clipper. I seen it before but can't find it now. I want to invest in good clippers and a table. I have two furbabies and hate to bring them to the groomer, because I never get what I pay for. I bring picture and leave them with the groomer and come back my babies dont look nothing like the picture. Ellie has thick cotten hair and Libby is a little thinner. I know cordless is a must for me.

Tonya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I know exactly what you're talking about them not listening. That's why I want to learn to do it myself. The next thing I need is clippers and I think I'm all set with supplies. Hubby got me the hair dryer Corp Christmas and the table for Valentine's.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I have also seen the topic on clippers and scissors. I will see if I can find it. I don't go to the groomer either. You right never get what you ask for.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Go to the search bar and put in clippers. All the threads will come up with different posts and which ones are used. There were so many good ones. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you
Tonya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lydia
Dog's Name: Georgie Girl (GG), Bayleigh (yorkie), Lexie (RIP Sweet Angel 12/07/99-12/31/2013)

I had the same problem and have been doing it myself now for many years. It took a bit to get proficient, but is well worth the effort. I have the Andis AGP 2 speed clippers and love them, just wish I could find cordless ones that work as well. I find that the "finish cut" blades give the best result. I also got one of those portable, rubber topped tables with the arm. I order all my stuff from Petedge.com, and have been real happy with their service and products.

The one thing I can't seem to find is a good mini clipper, I've tried a couple of "Wahl" ones, very loud & buzzy but they don't hold a charge very well and scare my yorkie. I also tried the "peanut" and it was quieter, but takes a lot longer to trim the feet and such. If anyone has one they're really happy with, I'd love to find one!

lydiatug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've seen people on grooming forums really like the Wahl Bravura. Next time i buy a clipper i think i'm getting that one except i just can't figure out the blade system on it. It doesn't take those standard blades, but i see they have the stainless steel comb attachments, which i hear are pretty cool. It's about $150 on amazon. Might be worth looking into. And I hear they'er light. nothing worse than heavy clippers.

I have a cheapo wahl cordless (which i love but it's blade system requires plastic attachments) and an andis corded, for sure cordless is the way to cord. Cords, ugh.

Last edited by tobysmom; 03-11-2013 at 11:22 AM.
tobysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Christy
Dog's Name: Izzy Bella

if anyone is looking for a third arm like to hold the hair dryer, i purchased one and only used it once, don't like it much, willing to sell it for cheap

Follow Izzy on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IzzyBellaMoses
IzzysBellasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

The more I read about the bravura the more i want to own them actually. They're only 11 ounces! and the 5 in 1 blade (the blade it is fitted with can be adjust from 9-40) which would make it really easy to switch from a 10 (belly work) to a 15 or 30 (the 30 being even shorter than a 10) to get between the pads of the feet.

I currently have an andis, which weighs over a pound, ugh. So whatever you get, look up the weight of it before you buy it.

I started reading reviews online of the Bravura, people really like that clipper. Wish i had known about those before i bought my Andis. :P!

And I figured out the blade system, it's a blade that stays there, not the standard (A-5?) blades that you change out for different lengths, and then you use the stainless steel comb set, they're about $30-$40 or you can buy them individually for under $10 each even on petco.com

Best cordless clippers? [Archive] - PetGroomer.com GroomerTALK and MobileGroomerTALK Community
tobysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I have the wahl bravura and love it! It's lightweight but powerful. The stainless steel combs are a must have. I bought mine from petedge and the steel combs were free on promotion at that time.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement