Sad grooming day at Robison House.. bald babies - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

My heart hurts for you, Michelle. Just remember your babies love YOU; they don't care about their hair and are probably happier without it. Y'all just snuggle up a little closer.

Hugs to you.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Dave
Dog's Name: Pandora

I agree the dog's comfort is paramount.

Our two Cairn Terriers Bandit and Roxie were fully capable of growing "hair to the floor" and we let it do so when they were young (they also looked ridiculous for Cairns!)

I brushed that hair over and over but they would still get tangles -- not exactly the right hair texture to grow long & left alone it may have turned into dreadlocks... But when I clipped them short we never looked back, it was obvious they were much happier and both of them were brindled -- the tiger striping when the hair was about 1/2" was really striking and quite attractive.

Happy New Year & Prayers for your health Michelle. Bless you and your babies!
Pandora'sLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lydia
Dog's Name: Georgie Girl (GG), Bayleigh (yorkie), Lexie (RIP Sweet Angel 12/07/99-12/31/2013)

Michele, you have been and are going thru so much, you did the right thing all around, take care, prayers for you always.

lydiatug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber,Emily,Lil Bit,Sasha,Harrycat-Amy,Buffy,Buster,Duchess,Einie,Grechen,Max,Rosie,Rylee in heaven

I'm getting used to seeing Emily bald,it will grow back eventually,she already seems happy to not being groomed so much.. I'll let it grow back some but she already seems happier.
She sure loves to snuggle to get warm and doggie sweaters work well plus no matting now..

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Yes I'm sure she loves it Michelle and yep they look cute in sweaters when their hair is shorter.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellerobison View Post
I'm getting used to seeing Emily bald,it will grow back eventually,she already seems happy to not being groomed so much.. I'll let it grow back some but she already seems happier.
She sure loves to snuggle to get warm and doggie sweaters work well plus no matting now..
I have read many times that fluffs who have had long hair seem to be so happy when their hair is cut shorter. I am thinking maybe because that even the smallest mats ... it must feel very uncomfortable when grooming and while trying to untangle a mat. Although I comb and brush Snowball ... he can still get little mats under his arms/legs when he wears sweaters and after walking outside. So, now I always keep that area cut very short there.

Both long and short hair can look beautiful on Maltese. So happy to read the Emily seems happy without long hair.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marcia
Dog's Name: Polly

Michelle, I am so sorry you are having more health issues. The babies are so loved. You and Al are wonderful parents.
Polly's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Michelle, Hi there, I was just thinking of you and wanted to wish you the happiest of new years. I hope your health improves every day and you can create even more beautiful artwork. Love and hugs to you, Al and the fluffs.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stephanie
Dog's Name: Daisy

I keep Daisy short, about 6mm to 9mm. I would like to grow it out but she matts horribly as her hair is cottony and has a bit of a kink to it. I don't think she minds though because she hates to be brushed.
Steph_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Michelle I finally am back on SM, December was a terribly busy month for us. Michelle I have been praying for your health but didn't realize all you are going through. Hang in there Michelle we need you here. Your a fighter, don't ever stop.
As far as the fluffs, well I'm sure there happy to be cut down. When I'm busy or not feeling my best I look at my girls and feel so bad because they didn't get their weekly bath, they don't mind, just me. You cuddle with those babies, that's all they want. They just want to be close to you.
I love you, just always know so many of us love you, pray for you and wish we could be there to help you and Al.
Matilda's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement