Hydrogen Peroxide for staining - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 03:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to MaxMommy

I would not leave it on, ten minutes should be enough....and you can do it everyday till the stains are out.

Maybe baking soda and peroxide for the beard? should be similar to the lemon juice solution...

<span style="font-family:Arial">The world was conquered through the understanding of dogs; the world exists through the understanding of dogs. --Nietzche
MaxMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
I have heard some of you mention using hydrogen peroxide for staining. Bucky has peach colored staining on his beard and I would like to try it as nothing else has worked but am not sure how to do it. I want to be very careful if I do use it. Can someone enlighten me as to the procedure?[/B]
I have never used the peroxide mixture but Kissi also gets stains around her mouth from food. Bio-Groom makes a Waterless Bath (no rinse) Shampoo...it is tearless. I use it a couple of times a week and it really seems to help. You are supposed to spray it on, comb it through and let it dry...but since I just use it on her face I spray it on and work it in really well...let it sit a few minutes...and then rinse.
Kissi's Mom
Kissi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to englishmajor13

Quote:
Quote:
I used it plain for tear stains...applied with a qtip...it did ok to lighten it...but not great.
I never did the beard...but it does dry it out, so be careful and condition well. The good thing is that it should hurt to get just the peroxide in her mouth if she licks or whatever. People gargle with it and stuff.[/B]

Peroxide should NOT be ingested. By humans or otherwise. It IS used as a mouthrinse for gingivitis because it is a germicide and but it should NOT be ingested.
[/B]

Actually - it can be used as a emetic (vomit-inducer) for dogs if they ingest something that they should not be ingesting - say they get into chocolate.
englishmajor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brit
Dog's Name: Cosy from Bonnie's Angel Maltese
Send a message via AIM to Cosy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I used it plain for tear stains...applied with a qtip...it did ok to lighten it...but not great.
I never did the beard...but it does dry it out, so be careful and condition well. The good thing is that it should hurt to get just the peroxide in her mouth if she licks or whatever. People gargle with it and stuff.[/B]

Peroxide should NOT be ingested. By humans or otherwise. It IS used as a mouthrinse for gingivitis because it is a germicide and but it should NOT be ingested.
[/B]

Actually - it can be used as a emetic (vomit-inducer) for dogs if they ingest something that they should not be ingesting - say they get into chocolate. [/B]
Yes, that's so true! It's highly unlikely that a little of the M.O.M. recipe is going to even cause vomiting. It would be difficult for them to get enough off before it becomes dried and cake like. It also doesn't have much appeal to them as there is no odor or much of a taste to it. Blech to Milk of Magnesia!

Please buy from reputable
exhibitor breeders or Rescue.
Cosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to Suz & the Fluffs Send a message via MSN to Suz & the Fluffs Send a message via Yahoo to Suz & the Fluffs

<span style="font-family:Georgia">ollyrium fresh eyes?</span>

Suz & the Fluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
<span style="font-family:Georgia">ollyrium fresh eyes?</span> [/B]
A long time ago, I just used plain Hydrogen Peroxide on Massimo's staining (applied with a Q-Tip)...when he was teething it was really bad... and it did lighten it, but it fried his hair. So I stopped it and dealt with the stains. He gets minimal staining now, and I use Collyrium to moisten the eye-boogies to remove them and rinse the area with the stains, it really does work for me (HIM lol). I also use it to rinse his eyes out when he get's something in them. I don't use it every day.

Purchasing from backyard breeders, pet shops and puppymills only perpetuates suffering.
Break the cycle and do some good.
Please educate yourself about reputable breeders and rescue organizations.
Do yourself a favor and go about adding your next furry family member the right way.
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
what do use for conditioner? leave in? should I condition after useing eye envy?[/B]
No, you do not have to condition after you use eye envy. Esp. after you start using eye envy once a week, which is all that is needed once the stains disappear. Of course if you're washing it off anyway, you can. I don't. Over conditioning leaves my maltese's face looking "flat." Isn't the stuff great? It's so simple to use, and it works so well!

Joah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Can you explain the polident method to me? Exactly what formula of polident do you use and how do you use it?

Quote:
We had minimal results with the Baking Soda and Lemon juice, much better results with the MOM method, but you MUST condition!!! Or else you will FRY your dogs hair, and very good results with the Polident.

Once the Angel Eyes got rid of the tearing I wanted to get rid of the stains without cutting hair so that is how we got two white faces.

Also for some reason Sir MIcro's beard is stained from eating. we use the Polident on that as well and it's great.

enJOY!
Melanie[/B]
Old 05-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Melanie
Dog's Name: Whisper
Send a message via Yahoo to MissMelanie

Quote:
I put a small amount in one of little plastic measuring cups that come with liquid medicine. Then I dip a small soft toothbrush in it and brush through the stains. If there is "gook" I just dip and brush 2 or 3 times. Once is dries, the stain will be a little lighter than before. I only do this a few times per week. I will do it daily with the tear stains if they are really bad.

MissMelanie, how long did you use the Angel Eyes and how long has it been since you discontinued it?[/B]
We used the Angels Eyes for a 5 weeks, both the doggies tearing stopped but Bella Mia's was better faster. Shortly after we stopped Sir Micro's beard started to stain oddly enough. And we had not even changed foods, so I am not sure what was up with that. Now, Bella Mia just started staining again about two weeks ago, but not as bad. We used the Angels Eyes from the second week of January for 5 weeks. So, Bella had kept a clean white face since we stopped useing it mid-February. I know lots of people's allergies are bothering them so perhaps she has some allergy bugging her.

I know that many people here would not use the Angel Eyes, and some do and find that the staining never returns. All I can say is "it's in the genes".

I just didn't want to keep them on it for any longer. My plan is to get Tylan power from the VET at their next appointment, and try that.

enJOY!
Melanie

I use the Polident Whitening, NOT the Overnight Whitening. I dissolve 2 tabs into 1/4 of warm water. Then I use a cotton ball to wipe the mixture onto any staining and let it dry. I leave it on for anywhere from 2 hours to sometimes overnight and then wash their face. If you are doing this for only one dog I would think you could use 1 tab in 1/8 water.

Good luck!
Melanie

Quote:
Can you explain the polident method to me? Exactly what formula of polident do you use and how do you use it?

Quote:
We had minimal results with the Baking Soda and Lemon juice, much better results with the MOM method, but you MUST condition!!! Or else you will FRY your dogs hair, and very good results with the Polident.

Once the Angel Eyes got rid of the tearing I wanted to get rid of the stains without cutting hair so that is how we got two white faces.

Also for some reason Sir MIcro's beard is stained from eating. we use the Polident on that as well and it's great.

enJOY!
Melanie[/B]
[/B]

RIP my darling Mr Wookie. I fully believe, you are now truly Snuggling with Angels.
MissMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
what do use for conditioner? leave in? should I condition after useing eye envy?

Thanks,
Amber[/B]

Biolage is a good conditioner, it comes in a jar and you can look it up on the internet, rub in your hands and in the dogs coat and face before drying.

Cheers, Nedra
Villa Marsesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement